Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with lowering the seats. I have seen and sat in one.....(lowered about four inches) much more comfortable. The owner didn't know, he bought used.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Just got done lowering the seats in my XTZ, it's quite a bit of work. Are you good at welding, fabwork and such, if not, I would hire a fab shop to handle it.
UTVCrap over in Phoenix was one of the first to lower the seats in an XTZ, I don't know if anyone out in California is doing it, but I bet with some searching you can find a shop.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I lowered mine and what a difference. the car handle so much better and felt great I went a little to low and actually raised them back up 2" so I could see over the pass corner dashboard when duning, it had a terrible blind spot. I would recomend lowering for sure.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I lowered mine and what a difference. the car handle so much better and felt great I went a little to low and actually raised them back up 2" so I could see over the pass corner dashboard when duning, it had a terrible blind spot. I would recomend lowering for sure.

How did you do it?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
How much did you initially lower your seats?

·
Registered
105 Posts
You can only go so low.If you remove the stock tank you can go lower. Just remember you need to maintain access to the clutch and or belt as well as being able to pull the motor if you need. In our race Prowler the seats sit 7.5 in. off the floor with good access to the clutch and we can change the motor in one and a half hours. The floor pan is stock.

Jim

·
Registered
338 Posts
We cut off the entire cage and started new. Gas tank is in the factory location still and I cut the neck off to about a 1'' from the tank.

·
Registered
194 Posts
We cut off the entire cage and started new. Gas tank is in the factory location still and I cut the neck off to about a 1'' from the tank.
when you cut the neck what did you use to mate the two pieces back together? I asume you cut out a section and reattached the top portion to the bottom. I am unsure of where to get the hose to match them back up can you advise.

·
Registered
338 Posts
when you cut the neck what did you use to mate the two pieces back together? I asume you cut out a section and reattached the top portion to the bottom. I am unsure of where to get the hose to match them back up can you advise.
Sandchris got some rubber to splice it back at Lowes.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Wow, ran my XTZ with the new lowered seats today for the first time off-road... it's a friggin sports car now... I ran a stock XTZ down a trail and then ran the same trail with mine. Night and day difference. And the new King Shocks worked perfect, didn't feel any bumps except the bigger stuff.

Best thing was, I had the territory manager from Arctic Cat in the passenger seat on both rides. Then I let him drive mine, almost didn't get it back from him..*L*. He liked it.

I would highly recommend this to anyone that wants better performance out of their XTZ. The seat lowering along with the Beard Super TZ seats and King Shocks made it feel like a real off-road racing machine. I even got a lot of attention at the W.E.Rock Grand Nationals this weekend with it.

Just do it guys... you'll love it.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
This machine came together so sweet. The new rake on the Super TZ seats and the DragonFire Racing Quick Disconnect wheel work great together, felt super comfortable.
We're getting things lined up to run the King Of The Hammers UTV Race, February 11th with this machine and see how it does.
I showed the AC guy how we lowered it and he felt that AC could really do that on their assembly line pretty easily. Make the lowered seat an option that is ordered from the factory.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts