Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, i really want to lower my stock cage about 5 inches. How easy or hard is that going to be?? Do you measure from the bottom up and hack off 5 inches and re-weld the mounts back on or is it more complicated?? What do you do with the v brace in the middle?? Any help is appreiciated.
Thanks!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
already did the search thing. shows pics, even replied to thread, no responses. I just want to know how a guy goes about doing this and keeping all angles intact.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Its super easy if you can cut and weld. just take apart your cage measure up 5" and cut at the same angle. then grind out the stock plug welds and remove the stock rollcage mounts. redrill the cage for future plug welding. reassemble cage (minus V-brace). get all bolts started but not tight and plug weld then tighten bolts. put the V-brace in place and mark it with a scribe at the top. remove and cut off the extra material. clean up the areas to be welded and reassemble the V-brace and weld in place. You are done go riding. any questions P.M. and I will try to help

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It does sound super easy, I can cut, but i can't weld, so I have to find a friend that can help out. I will post pics for sure when I am done. Thanks alot for the help!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i cut off 5". I think i should've went 4". i have a 20" rigid LED lightbar mounted underneath the top frame, and now its right in my line of sight. Oh well, you live, you learn.

·
Registered
463 Posts
If the cage is to low then maybe lower the seats it makes a big differance but is alot harder to do than the cage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts