Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting my Prowler XTZ1000 in a few days and I ALREADY know i want lower sitting seats. Even and inch or inch and half will be nice. I am not looking to do any fabrication I just want to bolt in comfortable seat thats sit lower and also sit as far back as possible. The stock seats leave about inch and half of room behind it. I want mine ALL the way back. I am a big guy over 6ft and 285lbs.

Thanks Guys

Help....

Suggestions, pictures. etc - yes i have searched LOL

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
I know on my stock seat bases the holes are slotted so you can get the seat all the way to the back so you don't have the room behind the seat when they are all the way back. As far as a aftermarket seat that would sit lower without doing anything besides bolting them in I don't know of any. Good luck and welcome to the site.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Welcome to the site. Sandchris is right there is no easy way to lower the seats. Good luck with your new ride.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I feel your pain, I am 6'6" 210. I have twisted stitch seats in my Cat that go all the way against the bed. It is still a pain in the ass to get in, knees under steering wheel first, than the rest of me. The best way to do it, is to the lower the seats with fab work. Good luck!

·
Registered
94 Posts
No, they do not. They actually are tilted up a little more than stock which makes it harder to get in. But, as far as comfort, support and safety, they are the only way to go.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,048 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Quick disconnect looks like the way to go. I will have to add that to my list, which keeps getting longer instead of shorter!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
The DFR quick disconnect brings the steering wheel about 3/4" or 1" closer to your arms, making for a more comfortable reach if you have seats angled back. But it doesn't raise it any height-wise.
But I'm really glad I have it, every once in awhile I'll forget to disconnect the wheel and try to get out or in and it's quickly noted how much harder that is than without the wheel there.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Did you get if from Dragonfire?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know on my stock seat bases the holes are slotted so you can get the seat all the way to the back so you don't have the room behind the seat when they are all the way back. As far as a aftermarket seat that would sit lower without doing anything besides bolting them in I don't know of any. Good luck and welcome to the site.
SandChris now that i actually have my prowler i immediately flipped the seats over and found extra holes but they are there so the bases can be used on either pass or driver side. There was no adjustment for stock seats to slide back... Do you know something I dont? LOL

I drilled 4 new holes in the base which allowed the seat to sit about an inch futher back.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I am asking Santa for lowered seats also, but in a new model! But if not , long arm,lowered seats, and who knows what else. yeee haaa!

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
I feel your pain, I am 6'6" 210. I have twisted stitch seats in my Cat that go all the way against the bed. It is still a pain in the ass to get in, knees under steering wheel first, than the rest of me. The best way to do it, is to the lower the seats with fab work. Good luck!
A great option to create more space that I am looking into is a quick disconnect steering wheel kit. It will make it really easy to get in and out of the machine and also as security when you park, giving you the option to remove the steering wheel.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 23 Posts