Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just wanted to thank the forum members for the great info I found on here.
I have been neglecting my Prowler for a few years, no tags in the draw and to many other hobbies.
I was fortunate enough this year to draw a Elk and Deer tag here in NV., so I pulled the prowler out of the moth balls, installed a new Xstatic battery and proceeded to inspect. I knew she needed new shoes, so I found a fair deal on some Rip Saws locally. They seem like a fine tire. While swapping out the rubber I found my shocks were in poor shape, weeping from the seals and the lower coil adjustment collars were fubar on 3 shocks. I did find some Fox 2.0's , they should be here today.
As I was changing fluids I found the rear pads close to limit, somebody's been driving with the park brake on, I blame the dog. With the info I found here I order a new rear rotor from AC and new pads and front rotors from Evolution.
I also picked up a pair of Rigid Duallys for some night light.

I am hoping the brake up grade will quite down the descends, it could get a little annoying in the past.

So my old Prowler will have:
Fresh Xstatic Battery
New Tires
Upgraded Brakes
Upgraded Suspension
Fresh Blood in all the holes.
Rigid Duallys LEDs
It should be good to go.
I hope to shake it down this weekend.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I just wanted to thank the forum members for the great info I found on here.
I have been neglecting my Prowler for a few years, no tags in the draw and to many other hobbies.
I was fortunate enough this year to draw a Elk and Deer tag here in NV., so I pulled the prowler out of the moth balls, installed a new Xstatic battery and proceeded to inspect. I knew she needed new shoes, so I found a fair deal on some Rip Saws locally. They seem like a fine tire. While swapping out the rubber I found my shocks were in poor shape, weeping from the seals and the lower coil adjustment collars were fubar on 3 shocks. I did find some Fox 2.0's , they should be here today.
As I was changing fluids I found the rear pads close to limit, somebody's been driving with the park brake on, I blame the dog. With the info I found here I order a new rear rotor from AC and new pads and front rotors from Evolution.
I also picked up a pair of Rigid Duallys for some night light.

I am hoping the brake up grade will quite down the descends, it could get a little annoying in the past.

So my old Prowler will have:
Fresh Xstatic Battery
New Tires
Upgraded Brakes
Upgraded Suspension
Fresh Blood in all the holes.
Rigid Duallys LEDs
It should be good to go.
I hope to shake it down this weekend.
Sounds like your getting it ready to go,did you put the carb on it,we are working on a possible new rotor for the rear,trying to get rid of the brake chatter.let us know how you like the new front rotors.Your prowler wont be the same with the new shocks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like your getting it ready to go,did you put the carb on it,we are working on a possible new rotor for the rear,trying to get rid of the brake chatter.let us know how you like the new front rotors.Your prowler wont be the same with the new shocks.
Yes I put the carb on in 07. It has a manual choke, I see the ones for sale now have elec. choke. This buggy runs good, goobs of torque, I have never ran out of power just traction. We will see what happens with decent tires. Might do some clutch work if needed.
A couple of years ago I was hunting and it was a rainy mess, rare here in NV., but the Prowler did ok, when it hooked up,the engine would not drop below 3200 rpm, it just kept pulling like tractor. Kinda sounds like a tractor too..lol

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
The Rip Saws do pretty good in mud and snow, I plowed a lot of driveways this winter after getting 10". I do too much pavement driving and the front are wearing down and the rear look new but I can't complain I have around 3,000 miles on them.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Yes I put the carb on in 07. It has a manual choke, I see the ones for sale now have elec. choke. This buggy runs good, goobs of torque, I have never ran out of power just traction. We will see what happens with decent tires. Might do some clutch work if needed.
A couple of years ago I was hunting and it was a rainy mess, rare here in NV., but the Prowler did ok, when it hooked up,the engine would not drop below 3200 rpm, it just kept pulling like tractor. Kinda sounds like a tractor too..lol
Sounds like you have plenty of power.:DI would rather have the manual choke,a lot of times I don't even have to use the choke on my mikuni.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
welcome to the house .. where in NV are you [guessing east side ?? ] .. fill in the signature line with info and also town in location line so we know how to answer questions without additional questions .. just makes it easier to look at the posted info.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
welcome to the house .. where in NV are you [guessing east side ?? ] .. fill in the signature line with info and also town in location line so we know how to answer questions without additional questions .. just makes it easier to look at the posted info.
I'm in Reno, all the pertinent information on my Prowler is in my signature.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Running into a snag with the Fox 2.0's. Add said they would fit a 700 Prowler, upon inspection they are for XTZ or HDX. I should have researched more. Doesnt look like the seller will take them back. So now its fab. time.

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
Should fit your rig, I think the only difference may be the Height, yours are 26" Tall, the XTZ Tire is 27" Tall, same wheel size

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Running into a snag with the Fox 2.0's. Add said they would fit a 700 Prowler, upon inspection they are for XTZ or HDX. I should have researched more. Doesnt look like the seller will take them back. So now its fab. time.
Whats not fitting on them,where did you get them at.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I'll be down to Sparks in the first week of August [next month yikes] and will be there until June '14 ... maybe we'll get together and go for a ride ?? ... can also check out the shocks mine v/s your new ones .. I have an XTZ

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I'll be down to Sparks in the first week of August [next month yikes] and will be there until June '14 ... maybe we'll get together and go for a ride ?? ... can also check out the shocks mine v/s your new ones .. I have an XTZ
Gary, you going back to watch your grand kids.you taking your prowler back with you.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
yup both times :)

the school system there changed the program this year there and it's a way earlier start date.. but this is the last year we are commited to the process, next year both of them [grandkids] will be in the full school system .. BTW DIL is also a teacher so that is why the need to watch over the youngest who is in preschool .
Son has tuesday and wednesday as days off so we watch over them monday,thursday n friday ...
be using the A/c on the other days or let Becca watch them and I go on a ride ...... not likely that will happen LOL

next year we will be RETIRED fully LOL .... travel and hunting, fishing AND A/C time is the plan ... only got in less than 500 miles so far this summer , way short of my plan :(

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
yup both times :)

the school system there changed the program this year there and it's a way earlier start date.. but this is the last year we are commited to the process, next year both of them [grandkids] will be in the full school system .. BTW DIL is also a teacher so that is why the need to watch over the youngest who is in preschool .
Son has tuesday and wednesday as days off so we watch over them monday,thursday n friday ...
be using the A/c on the other days or let Becca watch them and I go on a ride ...... not likely that will happen LOL

next year we will be RETIRED fully LOL .... travel and hunting, fishing AND A/C time is the plan ... only got in less than 500 miles so far this summer , way short of my plan :(
Sounds like you will have a lot of riding ahead of you.:)

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
yup ... a "normal" summer I / we might have 2000 or more miles and I don't get to go on the "big ride" this year do to school start time ... not a happy camper over that 'cause it's going to be a good ride this year .. 800 to 1000+/- mile loop depending on "side trips" through wilderness type area in mid-central Idaho with so far about 10 rigs .. part of the loop includes the Magruder trail , Elk city run and on to Yellowpine . starts in Cascade ... goes through a bunch of old mine area's .. :(

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Should fit your rig, I think the only difference may be the Height, yours are 26" Tall, the XTZ Tire is 27" Tall, same wheel size
That's what I Thought..

Rear lower mounts are completely different. The XT mounts of a boss welded to the lower A arm. The Xtz and HDX have different lower A-arms and use a pad mount simular to the lower frt.. The bushings supplied with the shocks are also to thick making the overall width to wide for the mounts. I can surface the bushing no problem, but I think the shocks are a bit to long and may end up with drive axels contacting the L A-arm at full extension on the front.
I'll mock them up tommorow and see how the look in the stock mounts.
The L rear bosses will have to be cut off and replaced with one 1/2" od instead of 5/8". No worries I have the technology.
Oh ya the Evolution Brakes are scheduled for delivery today.. Pretty quick service.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
That's what I Thought..

Rear lower mounts are completely different. The XT mounts of a boss welded to the lower A arm. The Xtz and HDX have different lower A-arms and use a pad mount simular to the lower frt.. The bushings supplied with the shocks are also to thick making the overall width to wide for the mounts. I can surface the bushing no problem, but I think the shocks are a bit to long and may end up with drive axels contacting the L A-arm at full extension on the front.
I'll mock them up tommorow and see how the look in the stock mounts.
The L rear bosses will have to be cut off and replaced with one 1/2" od instead of 5/8". No worries I have the technology.
Oh ya the Evolution Brakes are scheduled for delivery today.. Pretty quick service.
Thats great news on the brakes,that was fast service.when I bought my king shocks there bushings were to wide also.does your shocks have the reservoirs,I know on some brands you have to turn the reservoirs up side down,in the rear.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sure hit me up.
I should have a little before hunting seasons.
That's seems to be the only time I take the prowler out any more. When I was shooting clays a lot we used it as a cart around the courses, but I gave that up about 4 years ago. Now I have a Victory X Country and a Pro RMK that need my attention too.. Ride me Ride Me.....lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thats great news on the brakes,that was fast service.when I bought my king shocks there bushings were to wide also.does your shocks have the reservoirs,I know on some brands you have to turn the reservoirs up side down,in the rear.
Yes they are piggy back but you can clock the Fox reservoir to adjust for clearance. They recommend not inverting the shock.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Yes they are piggy back but you can clock the Fox reservoir to adjust for clearance. They recommend not inverting the shock.
That's the way my kings are,on the walker evans you can't do that the reservoir has to go down to use them.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts