Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just needing some opinions.. I'm currently running 28" swamp lites and like them pretty well. But I buddy of mine is trading his Teryx for a new Prowler (ha..ha.. love it) and he's taking back to stock. Anyway, he has a set of 28" Maxxis Mudzillas with only 40 miles on them and said he would trade me even for my factory prowler tires that I was keeping for spares.. only thing is they are 10" wide front and 11" wide rear. So just wondering if any of you have ever ran these and how they did on TRAILS? I would assume they do well in mud. And if the inch wider front and rear would cause any problems that you know of? Thanks!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2in lift and 1in wheel spacers so think I should be fine there. The heavier is a concern but I'm hoping that when I get the clutch back from Papa Slap that I won't have a problem. They are VERY agressive tires and I'm afraid they may be overkill for me. His Teryx was down a couple weekends ago (broke rear axle) so he rode with me on a day trip. He challenged me to go through a mud hole he got stuck in 3 times in one day trying to go through it. My prowler blistered that thing. Mostly because of ground clearance. Anyway, he like the wider stance, the "roomier" cab, the larger bed with more cargo capacity, and he said my 650 had more gitty-up than his 750... So the BUTTHEAD is going tomorrow and trading it for an XTZ.. Which is just mean.. I sell him on the Prowlers now he's gonna go an out do me like that!!! lol

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I love hearing that,good for your buddy.............

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I got them on today and they seem to fit great. Keep in mind that's with the lift and spacers. I think to run these tires that are an inch wider and 2in taller than stock you would definetely need one or the other (lift or spacers). I won't have any feedback on performace until I get my clutches back! CAN"T WAIT!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts