Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weather is starting to shape up nicely for Memorial Day here in Michigan! Trail activity is starting to pick up, and the Silver Lake sand dunes will be full as usual! We plan on staying close to home and riding the secondary roads in Lake County MI., there is the SideXSide Nation ride at Trout Lake in June in the upper that should be a ball!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
staying close to home , the festivities scare the hell out of my Dogs one especially , and then have to try to find him [ last summer he was lost for 6 hours do to gun shots within a 100 yards as a fellow was shooting his 50 cal pistol he took off like a scalded rat ....

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Understand that one! Ours used to hide in the coat closet buried under a bundle of blankets! Neighbors blow 300-400 dollars worth of fireworks every holiday! These are the same people that don't have a pot to piss in! LOL

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
I get off work 0430 Sat am, Gonna sleep for a few hours then trailer up to the Wisc Cheese Trails. Back home on Sunday night, then into work Monday am at 0430. Just a little break after working 25 of 28 days, splitting shifts. I need to retire!!!

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
On Saturday, I am going to deliver a truck load of stuff to the Salvation Army some 90 miles away. While there, I am going to stop in at one of the local gun stores. They are having a "Glock Day", including a raffle. I would like to win a Glock.

The rest of the weekend I am staying home and enjoy being away from people.....

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sunday is a bust with all of the races being shown! Just have to grab my recliner, grab a cold one, and quickly fall a sleep! LOL

·
Registered
254 Posts
i gotta say i had no plans for this weekend other than doing some deer plots. just got told by the wife were going on a ride tomorrow starting at a place 20 miles away. sounds fun. she has no idea where were we are going but hey... its north dakota. there are roads every mile and its a square sate so if we want to opt out its easy to go home or anywhere else. its a good chance to meet some new people :D

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
i gotta say i had no plans for this weekend other than doing some deer plots. just got told by the wife were going on a ride tomorrow starting at a place 20 miles away. sounds fun. she has no idea where were we are going but hey... its north dakota. there are roads every mile and its a square sate so if we want to opt out its easy to go home or anywhere else. its a good chance to meet some new people :D

Hey Cat ... what town you at or near

my Fathers side of the family is from Gilby [central east side of the state], wheat farmers there [past tense] now passed on , but still have some cousins in that area.

·
Registered
254 Posts
i live about a half hour north west of a little town called grafton. i go through gilby when ever i head down to grand forks. that is a pretty small town.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
yes it's all farmers as you'd know , they had several sections of wheat and buck wheat .. loved it when I came to visit , i did well with a wrench back before my body got to a all busted up state LOl

their hired help wasn't the best wrench and they would start harvest season with machinery not ready for it, you know the result

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The days of wrenching are being replaced with computer skills! Plug your vehicle in, bam it is diagnosed, parts replaced, and out the door. My dad was a dealership mechanic in the 40/50's, he learned his trade in the army during WWll . Back then parts were refurbished and put back in service. Great living, paid well, and respected!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts