Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got to put some miles on the new buggy this weekend!! went for a nice ,wet ,muddy 60 mile ride .....it was awesome....rig ran great ,, I found it to have much more power than the 650 ....cant wait till its broken in....did some big muddy hills in 4 low with the diff lock in and it was unstoppable!!!:)

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Sounds great, Glad your happy.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
finally got to put some miles on the new buggy this weekend!! went for a nice ,wet ,muddy 60 mile ride .....it was awesome....rig ran great ,, I found it to have much more power than the 650 ....cant wait till its broken in....did some big muddy hills in 4 low with the diff lock in and it was unstoppable!!!:)
Glad it worked good brian,you deserve it,a lot of hard work to get it ready for camp.P.S. you have never been on my 650.LOL.:p:D

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad it worked good brian,you deserve it,a lot of hard work to get it ready for camp.P.S. you have never been on my 650.LOL.:p:D
I have raced for years ....snowmobiles and cars ....if I learned 1 thing over the years was stock is the most reliable...for every action, theres a reaction:D

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I have raced for years ....snowmobiles and cars ....if I learned 1 thing over the years was stock is the most reliable...for every action, theres a reaction:D
I agree 100% with you,that's why I have never torn into my motor.but I did ride my 300 honda for 10 years after the BBK.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Believe me If I had a new F/I model,I wouldn't fool with the performance side of it.I don't think.:D

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
How do you like the power steering,and how much better is it than the non power steering.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Glad you were finally able to get out for a ride! It's a shame you had to wait so long to get out on that sweet ride of yours! what finally came out as far as repairs required to get back up and running?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Amen to that!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Glad you were finally able to get out for a ride! It's a shame you had to wait so long to get out on that sweet ride of yours! what finally came out as far as repairs required to get back up and running?
Where you been hiding,I believe it was a internal wet clutch spring that broke.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How do you like the power steering,and how much better is it than the non power steering.
The power steering is awsome,the best part is you dont feel any shock in your arms

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
The power steering is awsome,the best part is you dont feel any shock in your arms
Don't make me hit the buy now button,Question:does the ratio seem better with the power steering,or do you still have to turn the wheel a bit before you get any response when driving.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't make me hit the buy now button,Question:does the ratio seem better with the power steering,or do you still have to turn the wheel a bit before you get any response when driving.
Let go of the button and step away from the computer,,,,lol I didnt notice how responsive the steering was but it was like driving a cadilac through the woods

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
just a question not trying to stir up things .. don't the power steering models also have tilt steering wheel ?

[and isn't that a problematic area, loose knuckle ??? ]

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just a question not trying to stir up things .. don't the power steering models also have tilt steering wheel ?

Yes they are,,,no problems yet,ony 60 miles

·
Registered
1,489 Posts

I think Joe had an affordable option to eliminate the tilt if somebody wanted too.

·
Registered
404 Posts

My new 13 xtz 1000 has power steering but no tilt.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I believe he changed his.Not sure if RD did or not.
Yes I did get rid of the tilt cost about 35 bucks to do.

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
Still have the tilt on mine, and it is still tight. Brian your Prowler looks great! The stock 700 power is great, not sure if I'd want more power or not?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts