Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to move the air intake out of the dust so I went ahead and moved the tranny snorkels a little higher too. I didn't really want 3 pipes sticking up in the air so I hid them in the gap in front of the bed. Had to notch the bed ribs a little but you can't tell unless you tilt it up and look. Best thing is I didn't cut anything and can put it back to stock or raise them up to the cage if I want very easily. Not done with the airbox snorkel yet, I'm going to kink it over and run it up the v bar on my side, then paint it all black. Here's what I got:

Attachments

·
Registered
618 Posts
Looks good but do you think it's going to stop much dust?

I know there is a lot of dust that swirls around back there.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good but do you think it's going to stop much dust?

I know there is a lot of dust that swirls around back there.
I left out the engine snorkel pic, it's up at ear level. That's the one I wanted to keep out of the dust. The trans snorkels are about a foot higher than stock and hopefully will stay dry, we'll see. The factory pipes were lousy (plastic clamps) and in a terrible place. I soaked my belt when I reversed into a little creek to splash the kids last summer. That left us stranded for an hour and made me decide to try something else. I'm going to order a dynojet kit and go with 2'' for the airbox.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I wanted to move the air intake out of the dust so I went ahead and moved the tranny snorkels a little higher too. I didn't really want 3 pipes sticking up in the air so I hid them in the gap in front of the bed. Had to notch the bed ribs a little but you can't tell unless you tilt it up and look. Best thing is I didn't cut anything and can put it back to stock or raise them up to the cage if I want very easily. Not done with the airbox snorkel yet, I'm going to kink it over and run it up the v bar on my side, then paint it all black. Here's what I got:
What size reducer is that going from your clutch outlet?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What size reducer is that going from your clutch outlet?
I forget the size, seems like it was 3'' that I slipped on the clutch side. I took it off and walked around Lowes until I found what I needed. I've actually redone it all since this picture. I went with 2'' all the way and ran both intakes up through the engine cover. I'm going to change the oil this weekend so I'll take a close look at that reducer.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I forget the size, seems like it was 3'' that I slipped on the clutch side. I took it off and walked around Lowes until I found what I needed. I've actually redone it all since this picture. I went with 2'' all the way and ran both intakes up through the engine cover. I'm going to change the oil this weekend so I'll take a close look at that reducer.
Thanks! much apreciated.. I'm about half way through my snorkel install.. Had a failure in my air intake on the weekend.. still flushing the water out of the block... :( oh well.. lesson learned lol.. gonna have it all sealed up by this weekend tho..
Mitch

1 - 12 of 12 Posts