Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is hard to believe that a year has passed already. We are in the process of getting all of our gear and supplies ready to roll and we’re already starting to load the trailers…

We look forward to meeting new friends as well as touching base with some of the outstanding people we have met over the years. To help get you all in the spirit for this year’s Discount Tire Rally on the Rocks here are a few links to photos and video from years past

Photos:

Discount Tire Rally on the Rocks Photos

Video:

Discount Tire Rally on the Rocks Video 2012

Hope to see you at the Rally. Make sure you sign up as a volunteer for the restoration project we are sponsoring with Tread Lightly on Tuesday the 13th. Here is a link to more details:

Tread Lightly! To Restore Popular Trail During Discount Tire Rally on the Rocks

Rally on the Rocks Home Page:

Rally on the Rocks

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
My Son just got back from there .. one of these days I will go there also !!!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I wish I could load my truck and prowler, plan my route and just drive from one trail to another.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I don't live very far from Moab, and I still haven't seen it since moving here...:rolleyes: Looks like fun....

I'm too broke to go now. I just spent a small fortune on new wheels and tires for my truck from Discount....:D

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I don't live very far from Moab, and I still haven't seen it since moving here...:rolleyes: Looks like fun....

I'm too broke to go now. I just spent a small fortune on new wheels and tires for my truck from Discount....:D
Shane I'm sure discount tire likes your business.let see some pictures of your wheels.:)

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Out West, thanks for your support. Hope you enjoy your new tires and wheels.

We agree post up a photo of them.

Moab is my all time favorite place. The scenery and trails are fantastic plus we always meet some of the nicest people on the planet there.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is a video of the Discount Tire crew partnering with Quadratrec and Tread Lightly. This project was on the Poison Spider Trail the day before this years 48th Easter Jeep Safari. We found it to be a very rewarding day giving back to help keep the trails we all love so much open to all of us.

This will give you some idea as to the work involved when you volunteer to help protect our trails on the Hells Revenge trail this coming Tuesday May 13th.

Treadlightly! Poison Spider Trail Restoration Project

Tread Lightly

See you on the trail.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Great informative video, looks like a great place to go ride we don't have anything like that around here!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Shane I'm sure discount tire likes your business.let see some pictures of your wheels.:)
I will when they come in. I had to have Discount order the tires and wheels. I just finished installing a leveling kit on my truck. So she is ready for the install now....

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
That was the last bill the MI. Governor signed regarding ATV/UTV's. Allow road travel between recognized state trail systems. It is up to the appropriate Counties submit for the approval. I know several counties that are in the U.P. have already submitted. Chippawa County has, they like the revenue it generates! Most all Northern Counties have ORV ordinances on the books already allowing riding on any county road. The Trail to Trail access is in addition to the current law.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
that was the last bill the mi. Governor signed regarding atv/utv's. Allow road travel between recognized state trail systems. It is up to the appropriate counties submit for the approval. I know several counties that are in the u.p. Have already submitted. Chippawa county has, they like the revenue it generates! Most all northern counties have orv ordinances on the books already allowing riding on any county road. The trail to trail access is in addition to the current law.
seems like more states are getting involved.:)

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Another place to think about going to! Damn it is hard being retired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
RD you need to buy a motor home and a big toy hauler and we will take off.
Kidnap me on your way through I'll wait on I -70 with a full cooler!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I might just take you up on that I will be passing through next fri,we are heading to Oklahoma,Mike I will get with you on the weather for next fri.:)
You might have to invest in a storm chaser vehicle the way the weather has been lately.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
I've thought about it! Need to decide if we are going to stay in Michigan or not! Home market here is depressed, but the house will get what we ask (sweat equity we can lose if we have to!). Going to be looking at homes when we go to Florida, as long as it is warm we will consider it!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I've thought about it! Need to decide if we are going to stay in Michigan or not! Home market here is depressed, but the house will get what we ask (sweat equity we can lose if we have to!). Going to be looking at homes when we go to Florida, as long as it is warm we will consider it!
A move is not in the near future for us taking care of parents. Took the Mother-In-Law to the eye Dr. again today, still trying to get some sight back. She had surgery last week and Monday still two more appointments this week. Don't mean to sound selfish but I've been retired for 2 years and me and the wife haven't been able to get away for a weekend yet!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts