Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just heard word on a job offer today. So looks like I will be moving to the Boise, ID area soon. I'm looking forward to exploring that area. Looking forward to meeting Gary (Mavic19). Maybe he can show me around, and maybe he will even include me on some of those big camping trip/rides of his....:D

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I just heard word on a job offer today. So looks like I will be moving to the Boise, ID area soon. I'm looking forward to exploring that area. Looking forward to meeting Gary (Mavic19). Maybe he can show me around, and maybe he will even include me on some of those big camping trip/rides of his....:D
Congratulations on the new job!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
congrats .. hope it a $$ promotion also , what do you do for an income if ya don't mind me asking.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
congrats .. hope it a $$ promotion also , what do you do for an income if ya don't mind me asking.
I work in the semiconductor industry (basically work on the machines that make micro-chips).

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Hey Shane ... go take a look at this site

WESTERN STATES OFF ROAD :: Log in

it's mostly Idaho guys I pal around with on the long rides we go on .. several are in the Boise area also. very mixed bag of machines but a god group of outback riders. some from out of area but go to Idaho for many miles of rides

good idaho site to visit couple times a week , look at planning rides thread .. a bunch of us are headed to the Paiute trail in July for several weeks

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Shane ... go take a look at this site

WESTERN STATES OFF ROAD :: Log in

it's mostly Idaho guys I pal around with on the long rides we go on .. several are in the Boise area also. very mixed bag of machines but a god group of outback riders. some from out of area but go to Idaho for many miles of rides

good idaho site to visit couple times a week , look at planning rides thread .. a bunch of us are headed to the Paiute trail in July for several weeks
Thanks for the site. I will look into it. Always looking for opportunities to meet new people in a new place.:)

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Good for you guy! From what I've heard Idaho is a beautiful state. Should offer great hunting, fishing, and trail riding!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Congrats Shane. I love the Boise area. I assume you will be working with or for Micron?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats Shane. I love the Boise area. I assume you will be working with or for Micron?
Yes. I already work for their joint venture company (Micron/Intel) now.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Good for you guy! From what I've heard Idaho is a beautiful state. Should offer great hunting, fishing, and trail riding!

I love Idaho ... very conservative thinkers there ['cept Boise the more liberal part of the state / collage town and capitol ]... as to hunting and fishing some of the best !!!!
as far as trails thousands X many of miles of trails to enjoy and a very good trail marking system also .. go to the local forest service offices [by area] and get a trail map free for that local area ... I have many maps from all over the state

in my old area Coeur d'Alene alone I have thousands of trail miles in and most / much on a different trail each time .. my hunting buddy is a life long resident of a little town a half hour east of my old place and we put on +/- 5K miles in his Rhino before I got my A/C and I have 5K + miles on it now most in that area +a few long trips into central Idaho back country.

check out the Magruder trail [central Idaho ] a very cool ride and very near world class river fishing

·
Registered
282 Posts
Not sure if into hockey but they have a semi-pro team there that plays the Alaska team. Good times.

Can't be all bad if your still OUT WEST:D

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Not sure if into hockey but they have a semi-pro team there that plays the Alaska team. Good times.

Can't be all bad if your still OUT WEST:D

only takes one or two games with an interpreter who understands Eh and your hooked for life on Hockey :)

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Yeah, I came out of the Gordy Howe and Red Wings era!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I have a slew of Canuck friends , from BC , and Alberta mostly ... absolutely love the country wish immigration was a bit easier .. think I'd have dual then :)

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Thats great news Shane,keep us posted..........:):):)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Heck yes! We've got a week long trip up north scheduled for June 15. Heading up to Red River (up by Elk City). Gonna run the old wagon road and other trails. Been a while since I've been up there.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Heck yes! We've got a week long trip up north scheduled for June 15. Heading up to Red River (up by Elk City). Gonna run the old wagon road and other trails. Been a while since I've been up there.
ya have to go do the Magruder trail .. fun ride , try to get a reservation at the old fire camp / ranger station .. well worth the ride and weekend or several days like we did ... [a group of friends IIRC there was 10 total all SxS's .... there is a good sandwich place when ya get to the other end at Darby [a very old bar/grill sorry don't remember the name of it , but it is a very small town.

read up on the trail before ya go IT'S WELL WORTH THE RUN !!! take some of the side trails and you'll be able to see very old abandoned fire look outs at the top of the world / high altitude with miles and miles of views.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Definitely. I haven't been up in that area since the late 80's, so it'll be a nice trip down memory lane.

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Did anyone see the new UTV Action magazine? They had an article regarding making you UTV Street Legal, and they states that have registration to allow it. Michigan is a simple process, just take forever to get it done.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts