Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we are closing on our house today! Been a long time coming but well worth the wait! Truck and crew will be here on the 13th of August, Kingman around the 17/18th, and move in immediately to our new home! Big downsizing, but me and mama don't need much! I'll miss my shop, but it is time to explore the western part of this great nation! We just want a place to put our stuff!

Reactions: mlh1962

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Good luck with the move RD!

Reactions: Fairmont79

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many Thanks to all! We are heading to AZ. on August 13th! House is ready on that end! I'm going to miss Michigan as we have had a blast there! For those that are close to Michigan, it is a great place to ride! More and more trail systems every year! Southern part of the state needs to catch up! Silver Lake Sand Dunes is a must! Lot of action, and great crowds.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Hope your trip is trouble free and you get to to see some sights along the way!

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We love to travel by vehicle and see the sights. We have 7 days with the truck rental, everything is insured so if it breaks we will leave it and pick it up later! We are at the stage in life where nothing upsets us! We live and enjoy every moment! Can't wait to run the Prowler in AZ! Should be a great trip, 57 south out of Chitown, Cross at St. Louis, then down into OK. Straight shot out of Amarillo to Kingman!

Reactions: Retired1

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
You must be taking 44 out of St. Louis, we taken that several times when going to OK and Texas. Should be some good sites along Route 66.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
We love to travel by vehicle and see the sights. We have 7 days with the truck rental, everything is insured so if it breaks we will leave it and pick it up later! We are at the stage in life where nothing upsets us! We live and enjoy every moment! Can't wait to run the Prowler in AZ! Should be a great trip, 57 south out of Chitown, Cross at St. Louis, then down into OK. Straight shot out of Amarillo to Kingman!
I think you may pass within a few miles of where I live. What is your route through OK?

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think you may pass within a few miles of where I live. What is your route through OK?
44 to 40! Last time through, the wife lost her purse! She kicked it out of the car at a rest area, we back tracked about 100 miles. Someone turned it in at a toll booth and we got it back minus the cash! Still a great deal!

·
Premium Member
413 Posts

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've been history buff on Route 66 for years! I guess that is why we usually travel this route! Big section of 66 runs out of Kingman! Remember our first trip back in the 1960, my parents took us to Yuma, and we traveled 66. All of the old Ma, and Pa motels, tourist traps, and two lane highways! Ah the good ole days! And we call this progress! LOL

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
13 days til we hit the road! But who's counting! LOL Taken two days to get all of the Utilities scheduled for turn off, about a dozen calls from Hughes net wanting to give me anything I want! Same with DIRECTV! Thinking about a coat hanger for an antenna, and 2 tin cans and a string to communicate! Starbucks just around the corner from the house, I'll use their free WI-FI! Wonder if I can bring my own coffee???????????????????? This has been a fun period for us, looking at homes, making plans, what goes, and what stays! Me and Mama are still talking! Does Dumb Ass count as talking????????????LOL

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Dumb Ass....Smart Ass... it's all communication! Buy a Starbucks travel mug fill it with GOOD coffee, they'll never know.

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dumb Ass....Smart Ass... it's all communication! Buy a Starbucks travel mug fill it with GOOD coffee, they'll never know.
Not a bad idea!

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well this is my last week end in Reed City Michigan! We are excited to finally hit the road! We will look like the Beverly Hillbillies with all the stuff we are putting on the trailer! Only part of the journey I dread is the Chicago area, but we get off on 57 south before we really get into Chi Town. This time Monday, We Be Crusin!

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Yep, I always hate that section of 90/94 by Gary In. Always traffic snags and lane fights. Worst part of my trip when we hit the boat races in Michigan City. Especially pulling trailers! YUCK!!!

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'll be out of touch starting tomorrow! Packing the car today. So far, so good!

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Have a safe and enjoyable trip.

Forecast for all along your route in Oklahoma is showing T-storms for today (the 13th) and tomorrow and Wed. Be careful. McDonald's and Burger Kings here have free wi-fi, if you need it. I suppose many others have it too.

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
In Springfield MO. ran into a bad/heavy rain around the Cuba/Rolla area. Heading to Amarillo today! Going good!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts