Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Congrats on the move RD. I've been away for awhile, and didn't even know a move for you was in the works. I haven't been to Kingman in a long while. Only when passing through on trips back to AZ to see family/friends which seems to be less and less (life gets in the way). Good luck with dealing with the heat. Hope you get a lot of UTV time under your belt out there....

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Congrats on the move RD. I've been away for awhile, and didn't even know a move for you was in the works. I haven't been to Kingman in a long while. Only when passing through on trips back to AZ to see family/friends which seems to be less and less (life gets in the way). Good luck with dealing with the heat. Hope you get a lot of UTV time under your belt out there....
Thanks Shane! Working on the house now, put off riding until November! I should have moved here when I retired in 2011! We are having beautiful mornings now! Our "She Shed" kit arrives Friday and then the rest of the garage gets organized! Things are going good!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Wow RD, I leave for a bit and "trying to sell the house" turns into "house is sold, we are in our new place, and doing renno's/additions"!!!! That is awesome!!! Congrats. Looking forward to hearing of your trails down there!!

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Enjoying AZ! Went to Oatman yesterday! Wild Burros allowed in town! Tourist Trap big time, but well worth the visit! Going back soon as we forgot the damn camera! Old 66 out of Kingman into the mountains, two lane road with a lot of switchbacks, and great scenery! On another note in upper AZ, a 4 seater UTV drove off a cliff killing all 4 occupants. Not sure of the cause. Lack of guard rail is questioned by the family. We decided not to ride alone out here!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
"We decided not to ride alone out here!"

great thinking Buddy , in the hot months you'd be a crispy critter if broken down and "out there" alone with so many places to ride and so few ridders .. some of the rides we've been on never saw another sole after many miles of riding and with the rock gardens a fellow could break it quick.

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Different world out here for sure! In Michigan we never thought twice about solo riding!

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Pictures from Oatman!

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
Those are awesome photos!!!! And......... taken in front of Jackass Ron's!!!! Looks like an awesome place!!!!

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Those are awesome photos!!!! And......... taken in front of Jackass Ron's!!!! Looks like an awesome place!!!!
Oatman was a lot of fun, several bars that locals run, a lot of characters in that town! Staged gunfights at noon, and 2:00pm daily! The route out of Kingman is Old "66" direct to Oatman! The mountain pass has a fantastic view! The burros add spice to the place! Hate to be the street cleaner there! So far everything in AZ has been a bonus for us!

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #51

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I sent them a e-mail asking about Nevada book :( not one available , the good news is the Rubicon isn't to far away from me over on the west side of Lake Tahoe where is exits on the east end of that trail [a world class trail BTW ]

before I sell this rig I should go over there and play for a day or two. would have to have my Son on his two wheel along with me for a second set of wheels in case of breakdowns [this is a tuff as it comes trail] .. need to get my winch working well first .. blew a solenoid I believe

·
Registered
288 Posts
I sent them a e-mail asking about Nevada book :( not one available , the good news is the Rubicon isn't to far away from me over on the west side of Lake Tahoe where is exits on the east end of that trail [a world class trail BTW ]

before I sell this rig I should go over there and play for a day or two. would have to have my Son on his two wheel along with me for a second set of wheels in case of breakdowns [this is a tuff as it comes trail] .. need to get my winch working well first .. blew a solenoid I believe
I have the first addition and the second addition for Arizona and they are amazing. Lots of detail, water proof, ring bound so the pages don't fall out and a quality piece. DON~~~

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Mama is getting me one for Xmas! She just doesn't know it yet!

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
:) Oh, I told Wayne you would be contacting him. He said great. He drives a Wild Cat also. DON~~~
E-mailed him, but no reply! Can you contact him again? Thanks Don!

41 - 56 of 56 Posts