Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a set of 2011 Ford Mustang Fog Lights on ebay, 22.50 for a set! They use 55 Watts of power each, for a total of 110 Watts, factory lights are rated at 27 watts each, for a total of 104, so not a lot of difference in watt usage. The lights have aiming adjustments, both up and down, plus side to side. I plan on hooking these to my second battery so electric draw will not be an issue. LED replacement bulbs are available. I will build a simple aluminum mount for these and once everything is sorted out, I'll run the wires inside the roll cage down to the dash and out to the storage compartment for relay, fuse placement. I also found chrome fog lights on ebat at 11.00 dollars a pair, they also come as a set with wiring included, relay, switch, and directions. For 10 bucks I ordered a set! Hell worse case I put on my garden tractor so the wife can mow at night! She always want to go out anyway!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
where are you mounting these ???? for additional lighting or primary lights ?? .... not sure I follow your thoughts.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Found a set of 2011 Ford Mustang Fog Lights on ebay, 22.50 for a set! They use 55 Watts of power each, for a total of 110 Watts, factory lights are rated at 27 watts each, for a total of 104, so not a lot of difference in watt usage. The lights have aiming adjustments, both up and down, plus side to side. I plan on hooking these to my second battery so electric draw will not be an issue. LED replacement bulbs are available. I will build a simple aluminum mount for these and once everything is sorted out, I'll run the wires inside the roll cage down to the dash and out to the storage compartment for relay, fuse placement. I also found chrome fog lights on ebat at 11.00 dollars a pair, they also come as a set with wiring included, relay, switch, and directions. For 10 bucks I ordered a set! Hell worse case I put on my garden tractor so the wife can mow at night! She always want to go out anyway!
Looks like a great price for what all you got...............:)

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
I would be careful using those lights,,1 55 watt bulb uses 4.77 amps for power x2 + factory lights, fan and everything else...too much for the charging system even with 2 batteries after a while better off getting leds.....just my thoughts ive had problems with this before:)

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll keep that in mind, sure wish the wildcat electrical would fit a 700! I keep looking at part numbers, but can not find any interchange numbers!

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think after looking at the lights, that I will proceed with the install, and the lights will be an either, or for use with the stock headlights. I don't ride much at night, but you never know when additional lighting may be needed!

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aluminum finally arrived, made a template for the fog light mounting brackets. Will follow up with more pictures after I bend the metal. The brackets will be a two piece design.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
me too .. he does nice fab work

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Brackets are finished, bolted on! Working on the wiring now, removing the front rollbar so wiring will be hidden. It is turning out pretty good! I will still be able to use the factory windshield for winter without removing the lights.

Attachments

·
Registered
432 Posts
.....nice fabrication and assembly! Are you going to close the back side of the light housing?

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The light housings are already water-tite, I originally was going to put a back panel on the brackets, not so sure now. I will run the wires inside the roll cage down to the storage bin under the hood. Relay, and fuse will be mounted there.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
nice fabwork rd:D

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Getting there! Thanks Brian, also installing remote battery terminals for charging, and jumping if the need arises. Never know!

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Powered up the lights! I used the bulbs that came in the kit, they do seem bright! Hard to tell in the garage. Amp/voltage draw are good. I can run all of the lights, but it would need to be watched for any sign of battery discharge. Waiting on the remote battery terminals to wrap the project up! I do have 2 sets of LED's to try, one set is 150 Lumens, and the other is 420 Lumens. Still rated at 55 Watts.

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Installed the remote battery terminals, made new battery cables from #2 Copper cable, ran a dedicated ground for the battery hook up, and started the back-up light switch and circuit. Next up is the new dash plate (added some more switches), so the old plate is available for first come first served! Just PM me.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Installed the remote battery terminals, made new battery cables from #2 Copper cable, ran a dedicated ground for the battery hook up, and started the back-up light switch and circuit. Next up is the new dash plate (added some more switches), so the old plate is available for first come first served! Just PM me.
Your right on it RD,your gonna run out of things to do...............

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Planning on a night ride Thursday! LED's installed, but have not tried them yet. I pulled the floorboard off, Looks like I brought half of the UP home with me! Back to cleaning mud off! Going to check the valve clearance tomorrow, last check was about 1500 miles ago, no adjustment needed then!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts