Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not 100% complete yet, but getting there.

So far:
HCR Long Travel w/Kings
Beadlocks with Baja's
Twisted Stitch front and rear seats
UTV Crap Cage, front and rear bumpers, cat nuts
Prestiege Doors & tie rods
Muzzy's

Left:

50" & 12" LED light bar
Lowrance HDS5 Baja
Ruggid Race radio & 4 place intercom/ipod w/carbon fiber headsets
Frame stiffeners
Tail lights
Rear dust light
A few pieces of billet

The muzzy's sound awesome :D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Looking good, real good. Let me know how you like that HCR suspension, HCR is trying to get me to run one on my race car.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you.

As it sits right now, no front or rear outer axle/cv clips installed. Apparently they use Rhino clips for these and they are b/o everywhere. So they're gonna float for the weekend, should be ok.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Looks real good

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Nice looking Cat. My bumper must be the twin brother to yours. Lol. UTV Crap builds some nice stuff. Keep us posted on how the rides go. You may want to reinforce the mount points for the A-Arms if you haven't done so. Also check the tightness of all the bolts in the suspension after your first few rides.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Looks really good!! As Flying121 said, I would reinforce the mounts on the a-arms before you bend them up like I did...
here is a picture of how it should be from the factory...

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not sure the missing outer clips was the reason, but I don't recommend doing any 4 wheeling without the outer clips installed :eek:

Anyone have 4 Rhino axle outer retaining clips I can buy?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Not sure the missing outer clips was the reason, but I don't recommend doing any 4 wheeling without the outer clips installed :eek:

Anyone have 4 Rhino axle outer retaining clips I can buy?

That is the front axle? I have not seen those come out like that.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
If it's just the C-clip then great if not let us know. I just broke my right front outer CV into pieces on my last ride. I was able to use the cv set up off of the stock rear axles that I had from when i bought the new white colored rear Arctic Cat axles. It seems as though the front and rear outer cv's are the same on the XTZ1000.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That is the front axle? I have not seen those come out like that.
Yes front drivers side. Only thing I can think is I went up a pretty good hill in 4x4. I think maybe by turning and powering it, it pulled the axle out because the outer clips was not there to keep it in place. Either that or the place that I had do the install didn't pop the axle all the way in to begin with (very likely imo). I'm going to pull all of them and replace the inner clips. I'm sure they reused the old ones anyway. This way I'll know its right.

I also need to bump up the rear coils. Its squatting pretty good with only 2 people and quite a bit of pre-load.

Gotta tell you though, this thing kicks ass. It munches up whoops like they aren't even there. Once I get it dialed in look out :D

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Did you drop your seats? Do you think that the muzzy's would interfere with the seats dropped?Any heat issues?
I asked the shop I took it to, to look in to lowering the seats for me. Guess they are too busy to do it. So I am. But it might be awhile. I'll take some pics under the cowl of the Muzzy's and post them up. No heat issue that I can tell. If the car will ride better with the seats lowered, wow. It already rides awesome.

The Muzzy's are nuts. Thing sounds awesome.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts