Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 294 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I took a good look at the Arctic Cat This morning.
And unless i do a bunch!!! of Gussetting I am gonna mess this thing up!!!

Check out the welds? Look at the way they spot weld it almost. They should of carried a bead all the way along the pieces. Then again this is a farm tool right?

It does look like the welds do penetrate really well. That is critical from what I am told.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I am looking for some input from you guys,

What kind of gussetting have you done?

Who did you use?

Do you have any pictures?

After the gussetts have been planned I will work on the long travel suspension.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have more plans coming soon, But I am taking this addiction one day at a time. Here is a rough games plan.

I need Paddles and buffs for my Cat. Jonny i got my Rhino ones from you. Do you have anything for the cat?

I will also be doing intake and exhaust.

A two seat roll cage, with doors.

Suspension Seats and five point harnesses.

Paint and details will be done asap after that.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well I took a good look at the Arctic Cat This morning.
And unless i do a bunch!!! of Gussetting I am gonna mess this thing up!!!

Check out the welds? Look at the way they spot weld it almost. They should of carried a bead all the way along the pieces. Then again this is a farm tool right?

It does look like the welds do penetrate really well. That is critical from what I am told.
then again this is a farm tool right? WTF ?? are you slamming farming???

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
then again this is a farm tool right? WTF ?? are you slamming farming???

Not slamming farming at all. I just want everyone to remember these were built as tools to be used on the Ranch or Farms of America.

I and some people I ride with build them for recreational riding only. And then i hear people complain about lack of performance and stuff.

I try to keep myself grounded and remember these UTV's things kick ass at what they were designed for.

Anything I do to it aftermarket wise becomes my responsibility. So no complaining from me.

My grandfather had a corn field / small farm when i was a child in Ohio, funnest place I got to go hang out. Rode around on his driving lawn mower all day long

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not slamming farming at all. I just want everyone to remember these were built as tools to be used on the Ranch or Farms of America.

I and some people I ride with build them for recreational riding only. And then i hear people complain about lack of performance and stuff.

I try to keep myself grounded and remember these UTV's things kick ass at what they were designed for.

Anything I do to it aftermarket wise becomes my responsibility. So no complaining from me.

My grandfather had a corn field / small farm when i was a child in Ohio, funnest place I got to go hang out. Rode around on his driving lawn mower all day long

is that where you got your "love" for sheep.?? I woulda guessed it was that fucked up pollution in Cali, that gave you that fetish..j/k back to topic

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Ok guys I have a question

Should I design the gussetts with templates i have made from looking at the actual vehicle?

This might be fun, I am checking around but it just seems early for the XTZ suspension.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok guys I have a hook up for exhaust, but what do you think the benefits will be for a Intake and fuel controler? I have always thought a exhaust isnt much without an intake? What are your thoughts.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yep, try and be as precise as you can. the better the template the more accurate I will cut it

Cool, i am gonna call Soncho aka Max Powers and we will have fun doing it. MAybe I will bring it to Glamis this weekend and all the guys out there can help me figure out the best locations for the gussetts.

Then I will send you the tmplates and we will work out the rest!:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
sounds great! I will be out of town in Vegas all next week so we can colaborate when I get back, If you have any questions feel free to contacte me though, i will have my laptop with me. Let me know how thick you want, we run standard 1/8" but can cut whatever thickness you want.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Ok guys I have a hook up for exhaust, but what do you think the benefits will be for a Intake and fuel controler? I have always thought a exhaust isnt much without an intake? What are your thoughts.
Well I think you might start with some basics first, Wide band air fuel gauge,water temp gauge. Find out if there is a power commander available for fuel control. Then look at the air cleaner set up.

1 - 20 of 294 Posts