Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really soon after getting my Prowler, one of the front diff seals started leaking and one of the rear seals started to get that wet look. I ended up changing the front seal myself instead of having it warrantied. I also had a rear bellows pop on me after a run on the street here in Glendale.
Motocity sells Suzuki bellows instead of the AC ones because they are noticeably better. I ended up putting on 2 bellows per diff. The front ones I routed up to the top of the radiator, the rear ones I made a bracket out of a wire coat hanger. Since these went on, the rear diff seal dried up and the front hasn't leaked again.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its sealed either way (from the factory or this way). The main reason I ran the front one up to where I did was because there was little room down by the bottom of the radiator.
The origional front bellows was kinked up under the radiator. A dealer tech told me that he's seen a lot of bellows pop from this.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As much as I want to, I've never run the Baja 1000, but I do go to the dunes and run the dirt fire roads of AZ. The bellows do expand but not to where I think they are going to pop like the original setup. I guess it does matter on how and where you drive. Plus this setup was cheap and
simple.
I'll also note that the only drive train upgrades I have are the first gen Hunterworks CDI, and stock size Terra Cross tires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts