Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a complete hunting newbie, I was fortunate that Yamaha and the Whitetail Diaries crew invited me down to south Texas to show me the ropes, using the Yamaha Viking VI to move us around the big lease. This is the story (with video) of my first hunt.

More: My First Hunting Experience + Video on ATV.com

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
nice job!!!!!!! looks like you had one hell of an experience,,,,alot of folks don't get the shot there first time out

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Times 2 ! Great video, Thanks

·
Administrator
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everybody for the kind words.

I'm aware that I was unusually fortunate for this to be my first hunting experience. It was a great property that was well managed.

I shoot my bow competitively and practice three or four time a week (about 600 arrows a week). Even with all that practice, I about passed out when that shooter buck came into view. I can see in the video that I have a death grip on the riser of the bow, which probably didn't help the shot (it was quite a bit right of where I was aiming). Fortunately, he still went very quickly and was easy to track.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Thanks everybody for the kind words.

I'm aware that I was unusually fortunate for this to be my first hunting experience. It was a great property that was well managed.

I shoot my bow competitively and practice three or four time a week (about 600 arrows a week). Even with all that practice, I about passed out when that shooter buck came into view. I can see in the video that I have a death grip on the riser of the bow, which probably didn't help the shot (it was quite a bit right of where I was aiming). Fortunately, he still went very quickly and was easy to track.
I could Tell it was well managed,,,they need to hunt my woods......again great video.......how did you like the new viking.......

·
Registered
220 Posts
That's a great video. Congrats! I would love to get a Whitetail some day.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Nice Job! Thanks for sharing that experience with us!! That Had to be sooo awesome!!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Nice! I need to try bow hunting again. I had one and gave it to my Son-In-Law since I didn't have much time back then, he was target shooting and shot a house! He went to tell the owner what he did and the old man just said "That's alright but I think you need to practice a little more."

·
Administrator
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice! I need to try bow hunting again. I had one and gave it to my Son-In-Law since I didn't have much time back then, he was target shooting and shot a house! He went to tell the owner what he did and the old man just said "That's alright but I think you need to practice a little more."
That's an understanding home owner!

·
Administrator
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I could Tell it was well managed,,,they need to hunt my woods......again great video.......how did you like the new viking.......
Is that an official invite?

As for the Viking VI, I think it's a great hunting/working vehicle. Loads of room, stable ride, Yamaha-quality fit and finish and a pretty much bulletproof powerplant. It's not the vehicle I would choose for a primary trail riding/fun machine (though it's certainly fine at that), but for getting work done, it hits the mark.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Is that an official invite?

As for the Viking VI, I think it's a great hunting/working vehicle. Loads of room, stable ride, Yamaha-quality fit and finish and a pretty much bulletproof powerplant. It's not the vehicle I would choose for a primary trail riding/fun machine (though it's certainly fine at that), but for getting work done, it hits the mark.
Yes that is an invite I have 1000 acres to hunt on with a cabin..........see ya next november..................:):)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts