Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have decided to use my 16' 'trash' trailer (originally bought to shoot coyotes from while keeping myself safe from a pack attack) to haul my Prowler.

The basic trailer had 205/75-15 tires which I have replaced with 225/75-15 tires (with 2 spares). The base trailer did not have brakes. I have installed a new rear axle complete with Dexter electric brakes. The base trailer had minimum incandescent lighting. I have converted to LEDs adding extra lighting where I thought it will increase visibility.

Yesterday, I installed 6 3/8" "D" rings into the floor.

I still have to wire the lighting and brakes (converting the 4 wire harness to a 7 way harness).

With the barn door rear opening being 80-1/2" tall and 77" wide, I use my aluminum ramps and the Prowler slips right in without interference from the trailer door frame.

Here is a link to where I am at as of 03/31/2016:

Arctic Cat Trailer 2016 by Terry Fiene | Photobucket

Note #1: The interior dimensions are 83" tall to the bottom of the ceiling (80-1/2" at rear door opening) and 77" wide.
Note #2: Using this trailer vs. a flat bed trailer should prevent hail damage and keep folks from pilfering things or adjusting my lights etc. when parked away from home.
Note #3: As I get further along. I will add photos of the ramps and the Prowler being loaded and secured.

Reactions: de3

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
cool rig , you won't have to worry about things blowing out either :)

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
That is interesting!

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Update - all done (so far): new rear axle, with electric brakes, extra long heavy duty safety chains, 7 wire harness, break-a-way switch, all LED lighting installed (and extra lights added), and complete replacement of the original, exposed, 4 wire, wiring. The wide aluminum chest is temporarily set in place. Its too wide. The smaller trapezoidal box is going to be installed instead.

Next is making the ramps stay in place during loading.

Reactions: de3

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
DONE!!!! :eek:

Success!!!!! :D

I have to make some adjustments in future loadings. I need to remember to remove the rubber strap with the S hooks on each end, hanging down, centered above the rear doors, before loading. When it catches on the X bars on the ROPS, it becomes a missile when it snaps - OUCH. Then, I need to move the machine over another 1" to the right when loading, so I don't have to take my clothes off to squeeze between the expanded metal and the rear bed.

Fortunately, no neighbors drove by while I was doing this... >:)

I first pulled it further forward than I wanted. Once I got out and looked at it, I got back inside and backed it up where it was more centered over the axles. I am happy with the results.

Here is a link to all it's photos:

Now its time for a shower and a bowl of ice cream...:laugh:

PS: Chalk up another one to increase my post count. I toyed with the idea of putting one photo per post, but I decided that would not be appropriate...0:)

Reactions: de3 and Fairmont79

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Only rule here is to have fun! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
5 Posts
It is one of the best value packed, quality built travel trailer on the market today. Last year my neighbor too had bought a new prowler hauler trailer to store their lawn mower which was shipped by the We Will Transport It(wewilltransportit.com) services. Their new prowler hauler trailer was wide opened and built in ramp which makes all their storing, loading and unloading heavy mower with an ease.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts