Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Stock 2010 700 XTX with 30" ITP's

Have clutch kit and head liner for tunes system on order. Not sure what mods I want to do next. Something on the exhaust to quiet it down for hunting etc. but dont want to loose power. Hope to have some pics of muddying it up after I get home the 15th.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Nice looking Prowler!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Stock 2010 700 XTX with 30" ITP's

Have clutch kit and head liner for tunes system on order. Not sure what mods I want to do next. Something on the exhaust to quiet it down for hunting etc. but dont want to loose power. Hope to have some pics of muddying it up after I get home the 15th.

Well so much for that... I guess cant link pics from photo bucket for another hand full of posts.... I guess these little pics will have to do for now.
Good looking buggy.....................:)

·
Registered
404 Posts
I wish I could put 30s on my Xtz! :(

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
I wish I could put 30s on my Xtz! :(
I have a friend of mine that runs 28 inch terminators on his xtx and they measure 29.50 they fit fine

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Looks great, I could have used those tires last weekend!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
No problem with power when it was running right, after that first deep hole something got wet and had a hard time keeping it running a few times after that, air box was dry. It would run rough and backfire through the exhaust. It did it a few times throughout the weekend, time for maintenance. Changed the brake pads last night, the ones on it were only a year old and completely shot! Junk I bought on ebay.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
No problem with power when it was running right, after that first deep hole something got wet and had a hard time keeping it running a few times after that, air box was dry. It would run rough and backfire through the exhaust. It did it a few times throughout the weekend, time for maintenance. Changed the brake pads last night, the ones on it were only a year old and completely shot! Junk I bought on ebay.
Yea for sure something was getting wet.check out the rip saw pads from evolution power sports thats where i got mine at 34 dollars a side I haven't put them on yet.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
My plan over the next couple weeks is to change diff fluid just to make sure it's clean, adjust valves, clean the air filer, and check electrical connections and grease them.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The only thing I had to do to run the 30s was crank the front preload up all the way on the springs and to cut the screws off where they go from the tub through the fender well (they were sticking through about a 1/2"). Every once in awhile I will get a slight rub when the plow is on and I am pushing wet heavy snow and I turn the tires to just the right spot.

I need to put new pads on, the ebrake does not hold at all right now. I think the kid or the wife ran it with the brake on and scored the pads. They look like they have plenty of "meat" on them, but they wont hold it on level ground from a slight push by hand.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
The only thing I had to do to run the 30s was crank the front preload up all the way on the springs and to cut the screws off where they go from the tub through the fender well (they were sticking through about a 1/2"). Every once in awhile I will get a slight rub when the plow is on and I am pushing wet heavy snow and I turn the tires to just the right spot.

I need to put new pads on, the ebrake does not hold at all right now. I think the kid or the wife ran it with the brake on and scored the pads. They look like they have plenty of "meat" on them, but they wont hold it on level ground from a slight push by hand.
My wife drove so long smoke was coming from them she called me to come get it. If it looks like you have enough meat on them you might just need to pull the lever off the caliper and move it a couple splines. Mike can help you with a cheap fix that will use all your brakes for an e brake;)

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did he put in a line lock? I have one on my sand rail and I would think it would be real easy to plumb in a line lock for around 40-50 bucks. I will try moving it a couple splines too for now.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
He hasn't done a line lock yet but has converted to 4-wheel disk and did away with the driveline brake. He came up with a cheap simple idea, a pedal lock. Have you downloaded the free repair manual yet?

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I sure did down load it. Very cool! I will look into the brake conversion further. I glanced over it as I was checking out the site.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Here's the set up I made works great,I did away with my E-Brake set up a while back when I put disc brakes on the rear wheels,My E-Brake wouldn't hold either I rode it a few miles with it on I installed new pads and it fixed the pads don't look very thick when there new.............This set up will lock all 4 wheels.with having the factory E-Brake set up it will lock the front wheels.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well thats about a stupid easy fix.. I like it!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
well thats about a stupid easy fix.. I like it!
It worked for me also, one of those "Why the heck didn't I think of that?" moments :D

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The only thing I will do different is slip a piece of rubber hose or heavy duty shrink wrap over it so its not rattling around when I am trying to be stealthy on the way to the hunting grounds... steel on steel sounds carry a long ways and critters dont like them....and hopefully its not on the way to the happy hunting grounds, but thats been touch and go on more than one ride I have taken LOL

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
The only thing I will do different is slip a piece of rubber hose or heavy duty shrink wrap over it so its not rattling around when I am trying to be stealthy on the way to the hunting grounds... steel on steel sounds carry a long ways and critters dont like them....and hopefully its not on the way to the happy hunting grounds, but thats been touch and go on more than one ride I have taken LOL
Good Idea at idle or just touching the throttle a little will make it rattle.:)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts