Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all:

I've got my Prowler stripped down for some bevel gear work :mad: and i've found a spring in the base....not sure where it came from or whether it even belongs to this machine. Although i can't imagine it fell in the engine when someone was checking the oil :confused:.

Does anyone know what this may belong to?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Hi all:

I've got my Prowler stripped down for some bevel gear work :mad: and i've found a spring in the base....not sure where it came from or whether it even belongs to this machine. Although i can't imagine it fell in the engine when someone was checking the oil :confused:.

Does anyone know what this may belong to?
Rear brake caliper lever return spring.

·
Registered
62 Posts
To small to be that I think I just changed the rotor and pads on the rear on mine, where exactly did you find that spring on the car?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Engine related spring or not?

Perhaps the question should have been.....did this spring come from somewhere inside the engine - if it came from elsewhere, that doesn't concern me. It really is a small spring and I can't imagine where it may have came from. The spring is just less than 1" from hook to hook and the spring section is 1/4" diameter. It was sitting in the base below the oil pump, but was completely free to move around the base. There is no obvious locations where it came from, but because I am not the original owner of this 2006 650, I have no idea what previous owners may have done with it.

As I said, the only explanation that I have is that it fell into the base when the dipstick was removed, by a previous owner, to check oil level :confused:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just changed the frame out on a 08 650 and I can honestly say that I never came across a spring like that, that spring had to have come out of the motor.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Probably right

haha....you're probably right scheftie....i'm just picturing getting this thing all back together, only to find that this little misplaced spring prevents the machine from going in forward :rolleyes:

Hey sandcris....what is the windup spring? Are you just toying with me :p

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
You know the spring for the wind up key to wind it up and make it go.
I for the life of me don't know where it goes. I have checked my manual for a 650 on cd that I have and cannot find anywhere it goes in the engine.
haha....you're probably right scheftie....i'm just picturing getting this thing all back together, only to find that this little misplaced spring prevents the machine from going in forward :rolleyes:

Hey sandcris....what is the windup spring? Are you just toying with me :p

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I have a box of motor parts from a engine that cracked the case that I split open to keep any good parts.

I will look in the bag's of misc parts to see if I can find that spring anywhere.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the effort

Hey fellas, i appreciate your efforts!

I've browsed through the prowler exploded views and haven't been able to see anything like it.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
It is not in the engine.
I just went through all my parts.
3 springs inside the case is all I could find.
2 for the trans indicator buttons.
1 for the trans linkage.
And it does not look like out of this 07 650 motor.

Sorry I could not find it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the extra effort Riddler...those were the only springs that I would recognize. I'm pretty well convinced its not a spring internal to the engine....but I'll hold on to it just in case!

Hey Socal.....don't think its related to the dump bed....its really too small and too weak to have any purpose there.

I wondered if it was related to the carburetor.....

Anyway, i'm done worrying about it...thanks all!! :D

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm thinken got dropped in ther while setting the valves and was just left there. Had a friend change oil on a tractor onetime and a connecting rod bearing started out the hole. It looked like new so we left it there tractor ran perfect for years.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Looks like it could be a spring from the parking brake system, back by the pads

·
Registered
733 Posts
A spring that small it would appear to be a spring used for anti vibration? that's just my guess.. I don't have really extensive knowledge of these motors but the ones I do know I could tell you that it couldn't come from anywhere inside the engine that it would end up in the crank case... My uneducated guess is that it fell in the fill hole during an oil change.. just my opinion..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts