Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
88 on the pole! Clash showed a promising/exciting 500! Cars can get a decent run! Watched Chase Elliot and was impressed by his moves! Diving left on several occasions taking the lead! Those were pretty drastic moves from what I saw! Waiting for the twin races on Thursday! Never a dull moment here! LOL

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Last race for Danica...

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Be interesting to see how she doe's in the Danica Double!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I for one am glad she is about to be out of Nascar , all hype and little results .. got tired of all Danica all the time with announcers when she never EARNED the hype.

be a nice break from Olympics today with the duals

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ain't that the truth. Seems she was content to run mid pack! Talent sure, but not top tier!

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nascar season off to a bang! Austen Dillon and the number 3 came out on top! Pretty decent race! Lot of action, lot of torn up race cars! Lot of young guns!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
sure don't like the mentality of just knock the leader out of the way , oops oh well attitude ... guess the drive around them and win from driving ability is out the window still [yes it's been part of racing forever in all forms] but I still don't like it .... I've had to repair / replace to many good cars in my past years of racing Sprinters and Super Modified's

the ol "had to do what I had to do to win" is for the wreck fans but obvisely not for me.

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Agree on that! Do anything for the win and the hell with everything else! The blocking should be monitored! Trying to block someone that has a run will result in crashes 99% of the time! I watched the closure rate on some of the cars, and it was unreal!

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
I thought the 500 was boring. :(

That said, the last 1/2 hour of the Xfinity race was not. :)

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The infinity race was anything but boring!

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Harvick is on a roll! Fords are fast, and he is cleaning up! HMS is off to a slow start, but Chase seems to be running fine, just keeps getting caught up in other's mistakes!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
agree Ol Kevin is off to a great start !

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nascar back at Michigan! Kurt Busch on the pole at 203+, should be a good race! Michigan is a great track, multiple grooves, and all are fast! It is about a
3 1/2 hour trip from our place! Been there many times!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
and 6 hours to enter and leave the track lol ... prefer TV coverage these days v/s a sun bake and drunks in parking lot at leaving time

looks like Tony's group are running fast all of them :)

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, pretty much my experience at MIS! Two lane highway in, and out! Usually a 2-3 hour journey to go 10 miles! Watch the fights in the parking lot for entertainment! Not really! LOL

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
if they have 2-3 hrs enter/exit times that's GREAT

been to most west coast tracks and they times are nuts Sonoma being the worst I have experienced .. unfortunately many times as highs as 6 hrs .. plan on lawn darts or corn hole games and tailgating while not waiting in the car lines with all the road rage drivers .. then after 3 or more hours think about getting in line .. na maybe in another hour.

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rain shortened race. Clint Boyer wins! Anybody remember last years forecast that the Ford Teams were in a world of hurt? I'm thinking pure HP the way they come off the corners and top end charge! 220 mph! This was in race trim! 1-2-3 for Stewart Haas Racing!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
the delay screwed my recording of the race , it stopped about 3/4 way through the 2 session :) great to read Clint won

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pretty nifty reception for Clint after the race! All of the SHR teams mobbed him! Harvick lead the charge! Harvick is one happy camper!

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Daytona in July! First practice speeds are 200 and change! Ford teams are really cooking! Chevy teams are still searching for speed. This race has always been one of my favorites! Crank up the AC, turn up the surround sound, and life is good!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts