1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Northern Tool has a sale on right now
$ 900.00 for the EU2000
$ 1000.00 for the EU2000 Companion

not the best price ever but a good price , and that's free shipping ..

I recently bought the companion for $985.00 locally and that was everyday price , so the above is a good price. BTW that was at Big R farm and ranch

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Northern Tool has a sale on right now
$ 900.00 for the EU2000
$ 1000.00 for the EU2000 Companion

not the best price ever but a good price , and that's free shipping ..

I recently bought the companion for $985.00 locally and that was everyday price , so the above is a good price. BTW that was at Big R farm and ranch
Thats a great price for the EU 2000 Its a little over 1000 dollars at the honda shop.I have the EU1000 15 years old no problems at all.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Is that a generator, and what size if it is?

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is that a generator, and what size if it is?
yes it is .. light and very quiet

EU2000 is a 2000 watt Genset , and can be hooked with a lead set to a EU2000 Companion so you can run a large trailer air condition and all

the are rated at 59 DB

I carry one in each hand to place and store them

·
Registered
252 Posts
I had been looking at them for a while. They are probably the best small Inverter Generator!

In the end, I picked up the 2000w Champion Inverter generator from Menards when it was $499. Good little Generator but more of a 1600 - 1700w generator.

Was a reviewer that tested the two side by side and the Honda out powered it but went with this one anyway since I could buy 2 and a parallel kit for the cost of one Honda. :(

·
Registered
518 Posts
I had been looking at them for a while. They are probably the best small Inverter Generator!

In the end, I picked up the 2000w Champion Inverter generator from Menards when it was $499. Good little Generator but more of a 1600 - 1700w generator.

Was a reviewer that tested the two side by side and the Honda out powered it but went with this one anyway since I could buy 2 and a parallel kit for the cost of one Honda. :(
Just curious, but did you ever consider the Champion 3100? I have read that it is reasonably quiet and will run the camper's A/C.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just curious, but did you ever consider the Champion 3100? I have read that it is reasonably quiet and will run the camper's A/C.
can't pick it up and put it on the flatbed by yourself if your lucky enough to have a bad back .
the EU2000 is about 65 +/- lbs. [didn't look that up so not sure but they are light]

they are low noise but not something you want right next to your rig .

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yes but it weighs 100lbs. :(

Figured I would rather lug 2 x 50 lbs inverter generators out of the travel trailer instead of 1 x 100lbs unit. (Tow with an Expedition so they cannot ride inside the vehicle) Would save $200 buying the 1 x 3100 but when I don't need the A/C I can shut down the 2nd Gen and conserve fuel or power two seperate areas.

Interesting when you shut off the fuel and the thing just sits there running for quite a while before running dry. Had to drag it out a few times to run lights in the back yard when building the deck, and just recently for our electric leave blower/Vac when the outside plug failed (fixed the next day).

·
Registered
518 Posts
Yes but it weighs 100lbs. :(

Figured I would rather lug 2 x 50 lbs inverter generators out of the travel trailer instead of 1 x 100lbs unit. (Tow with an Expedition so they cannot ride inside the vehicle) Would save $200 buying the 1 x 3100 but when I don't need the A/C I can shut down the 2nd Gen and conserve fuel or power two seperate areas.

Interesting when you shut off the fuel and the thing just sits there running for quite a while before running dry. Had to drag it out a few times to run lights in the back yard when building the deck, and just recently for our electric leave blower/Vac when the outside plug failed (fixed the next day).
Yeah, they show to be 80lbs (assuming that is empty) and that is plenty of weight. With 1.6 gallons of gas, that would probably put it about 100lbs. Maybe the wife can help me lift it. Ha!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts