Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The diff is damaged, need to remove. I have the suspension loose, axles out of hubs loose. I cant get the inner CV joints to pop out of the diff. Any tricks/ tips?

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
There's a trick to pulling the newer CV's with the white collar (I think it's white), I think I have the instructions saved somewhere. I'll do a search and get back in a few minutes I hope.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Found it, hope this helps a little.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh perfect, there is the trick. Need to push the axle in to release those pins. Will try it next few nights.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Hope it works, I've never dealt with the newer axles, I got the old ones....just yank until you fall on your a**!

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
New (style) axles are great! Push in to compress the CV joint, then while keeping it compressed grab the CV Housing (white area) and pull the axle out. I also have used a dent puller on this process, I used a screw type hose clamp to attach the dent puller adapter to the CV housing, compress the CV joint, then use the dent puller to snap the axle out. Awkward at first, but once you get the hang of it they are great to work with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts