Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out and motor just died like out of gas I checked had fuel carried to shop they said motor needed rebuild. Now I was wondering if they were trying to get to me. Was thinking it might be coil or something like that looking for input from others

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I pulled the jug and I guess the previous owner got water in it the Piston is shot as is the head and jug so gonna have to start pricing parts 😫

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I've found good used stuff from Powersportsnation. cylinders can be a crap shoot as the wall plating is very thin. Cylinders can be re-plated by several firms. I'd go with getting the cylinder replated. Cylinder heads can be rebuilt at a decent price compared to new depending on what needs replaced, or buy a used head and have it surface milled to ensure it is flat.

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
A 650 and 700 are interchangeable. 1000 won't work, input and output shafts are in different locations, won't line up to the differentials. I'ld go for another 700, myself. Never go down in horsepower. :)

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I agree with Bryan on this. Only issue would be the electrical hook ups from different motors, but you already have the parts to swap out if needed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That happened to my machine a 2016 700 HDX XT, previous owner who bought it new sucked crap in and killed it was less than 6 months old, about 340 miles don't remember the hours, a entire new motor was put in, that came out of the owners pocket, I snorkeled it to the inside of the top of the cab to keep that from happening again, from the paperwork it was about 5 grand for the total repair from the dealer I used a Craftsman 8 ft shop vac hose for this, cut some off and used an adapter that came with it for vac accessories for the air filter to attach, worked great, 20 bucks for the hose kit, a buddy of mine has a buddy that is a Cat dealer that I just happened to see, said that is one of the best things you can do is relocating the first air cleaner

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Ain't that the truth! My 2009 700 XTX had the air intake located between the bed and the cab down low! Had to be one of the worst places for dust! Plus on that model there was no pre filter (early models all suffered in that regard!).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts