Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are you guys finding decent brake pads for a good price? I need pads for my '11 HDX and don't want to spend a ton since I already have a small fortune tied up in it. Looks like the dealer gets near $50/axle? if I am reading correct. Are the front and rear pads/calipers the same on the HDX? Dad's 650 just has brakes on the rear driveshaft but I need all four corners. Not seeing much for a complete set on ebay - or do I just need 2 sets of fronts? thanks all!

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Same pads are used front, and rear. Also same as 700XTX. Brake pads are all over the board! I picked up a set for 40.00 dollars off ebay. I rarely use my brakes, so I went the cheap route! Still on stock pads with 6,000+ miles. Engine braking is great!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
and twin cylinder engine braking is even better :)

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Where are you guys finding decent brake pads for a good price? I need pads for my '11 HDX and don't want to spend a ton since I already have a small fortune tied up in it. Looks like the dealer gets near $50/axle? if I am reading correct. Are the front and rear pads/calipers the same on the HDX? Dad's 650 just has brakes on the rear driveshaft but I need all four corners. Not seeing much for a complete set on ebay - or do I just need 2 sets of fronts? thanks all!
I bought mine from Evolution powers sports,same pads they use on the wildcat cost was 80 dollars for all 4-wheels,my factory brakes where in great shape just made a lot of noise,so far no noise from these.

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
After installing the Big Bore kit, and the added compression really made a change in the engine braking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts