Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '06 Prowler with the 650H1 motor. For no rhyme or reason, every once in a while the carburetor will poor gas out the drain hole when I start it up. Maybe 4 times it won't do it, but then on the 5th it will. The odd thing is when it does happen, it only seems to do it when I start the motor. The bowl should be full of gas when it is sitting there, but doesn't seem to leak until I start the motor. Drain plug is closed as much as I can get it.

What is the deal? Is there supposed to be an o'ring on that drain screw? It isn't very reassuring since I have no idea when the thing is all of a sudden going to decide to poor gas all over the place. So it doesn't really give me a warm and fuzzy to take the Prowler out like this. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
618 Posts
My guess would be your float is occasionally sticking. There is an overflow tube that drains at the same location.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see it drain out of that drain hole with the drain screw. Carb has been cleaned. Not sure how I keep the float from sticking if it is.

One thing that concerned me was when I took the carb apart the float needle fell out and I don't know if there is a specific orientation how it installs on the float. I have attached some pictures but don't know how well they show up. Can anybody tell me which direction the needle clip is supposed to face in relation to the float, or does it not matter?

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
that float valve your holding in your left hand went bad on my 07 prowler and leaked at the same spot. the bottom on it is rubber and it dident look worn but i replaced it and the leak stoped that little piece was about 15 bucks.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that float valve your holding in your left hand went bad on my 07 prowler and leaked at the same spot. the bottom on it is rubber and it dident look worn but i replaced it and the leak stoped that little piece was about 15 bucks.
Thanks for the info. I adjusted the float height and cleaned out the valve area again. If the leak comes back I'll be replacing that valve as my next option.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts