Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help finding a repair shop to work on my 650 H1 prowler. I am located in Chesterfield, SC 29709. 60 miles east of Charlotte, NC and 40 miles west of Rockingham, NC
After reading different threads on this sight I feel the repairs needed are beyond what I can do.
The closes Artic Cat dealer is 80 miles away from me. I have been to several ATV/UTV dealers and they say they don't work on Artic Cats.
After reading I think it is in need of clutch and belt issues.
Thank you any help. Hope someone knows were I can take it. Hunting season is comming closer and need it get it fixed.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Need help finding a repair shop to work on my 650 H1 prowler. I am located in Chesterfield, SC 29709. 60 miles east of Charlotte, NC and 40 miles west of Rockingham, NC
After reading different threads on this sight I feel the repairs needed are beyond what I can do.
The closes Artic Cat dealer is 80 miles away from me. I have been to several ATV/UTV dealers and they say they don't work on Artic Cats.
After reading I think it is in need of clutch and belt issues.
Thank you any help. Hope someone knows were I can take it. Hunting season is comming closer and need it get it fixed.

What kind of problems are you having.........

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It appears the clutck is stuck in engaged. It will not idle in gear. You can't change gears without turning it off. If you start it in netural you have to cram it in gear and be ready to go.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
It appears the clutck is stuck in engaged. It will not idle in gear. You can't change gears without turning it off. If you start it in netural you have to cram it in gear and be ready to go.
How high are your RPM's at idle? If it's too high it will cause that problem, I think it should be around 1,250 rpm's

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
Sounds like your wet clutch is engaging to soon. Maybe a broken spring on it? Idle too high, wet clutch issue will both cause tension on the trans making shifting difficult. Wet clutch should not engage until approx. 1800 rpm.

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
How high are your RPM's at idle? If it's too high it will cause that problem, I think it should be around 1,250 rpm's
Thats what was causing mine to bind up. After installing the K&N pre-filter and cleaning and re-oiling the main filter, mine did exactly the same thing when I drove it afterwards. I had to reset the idle, 1250 rpm's and it cured the shifting problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts