Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a new LCD dash display, and the speedometer and fuel gauge are off. I was on an elk hunt up around 8000 ft elevation. While I was there I noticed that the speedometer needle would reset to 10 mph when the motor is running as the new 0 mph but the machine is not moving. If I turn the key off and on, the thing does its normal sequence of resetting and it does go to 0 mph, but jumps up to 10 mph when the machine is running but not moving. Not sure what to make of this. Where does it measure speed at?

Second, my fuel gauge is way off. Is there something that I can easily service in/on the fuel tank.

These dash displays aren't cheap and I want to make sure it works correctly as it should.....

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
gauges

on my 06 when i turn the key on the instrument panel will reset it self and the speedo stays on 0 untill i start moving, if i have it set on tach it jumps up when idleing. i might be wrong but i dont think the 06 carb ones has a computor.:confused:

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
on my 06 when i turn the key on the instrument panel will reset it self and the speedo stays on 0 untill i start moving, if i have it set on tach it jumps up when idleing. i might be wrong but i dont think the 06 carb ones has a computor.:confused:
Is there a tach selection on the display?:confused: If so, I guess I could have accidentally switched over to it at some point and not been aware of it.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks Mike. After reading your comment about the tach, I went and did a little research in my downloaded repair manual. Turns out it was something simple. My readout was set for tach and RPM and not MPH. So I have corrected that.

So now I just have to get my fuel level to read correctly.

·
Registered
733 Posts
whats your fuel showing you? is it showing more or less than whats in it? could it be a bad ground? do you have the sending unit for showing fuel levels in your tank?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whats your fuel showing you? is it showing more or less than whats in it? could it be a bad ground? do you have the sending unit for showing fuel levels in your tank?
Gas tank would show only a couple bars when it was full...... I assume I have the sending unit you are talking about. I have not had a chance to mess with or test anything on the fuel yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts