Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 09 xtx 700 need some help getting some more horse power on the lower end. When I get down in the mud it likes to bog down. I put a epi clutch kit in but really could use more. Everything but the clutch is stock. Open to all ideas

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
the best one [idea wise] … sell it and buy a XTZ 1000 and never look back :) … yes I'm a smart azz

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Hey guys I have a 09 xtx 700 need some help getting some more horse power on the lower end. When I get down in the mud it likes to bog down. I put a epi clutch kit in but really could use more. Everything but the clutch is stock. Open to all ideas
What EPI kit did you go with,what size tires you running,you can go with several airdam options on your clutch.or you can go with lighter rollers weights or put a 2mm shim between your primary sheaves will give you more low end.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Actually Gary's idea makes sense! I thought about doing that, but with all of the time I have in mine, and knowing the machine inside out, I decided to just modify mine. I've seen some attractive pricing on Prowlers, and many have low miles. I have about ,1800.00 dollars in my engine, and it will still not out perform a stock 1000, but I knew that going in! I don't think I'll be disappointed with it once it is completed! And it is still paid for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
no replacement for horse power and torque of the V twin engines no matter the brand

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Actually Gary's idea makes sense! I thought about doing that, but with all of the time I have in mine, and knowing the machine inside out, I decided to just modify mine. I've seen some attractive pricing on Prowlers, and many have low miles. I have about ,1800.00 dollars in my engine, and it will still not out perform a stock 1000, but I knew that going in! I don't think I'll be disappointed with it once it is completed! And it is still paid for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL
I guess if I really thought I needed a torque monster I probably would buy a 1000,I feel my machine runs plenty good enough,besides if had a 1000 I would still be modifying it.......It's in my blood, I look at it has the new 2014 T-rex 800 only has a top speed of 48 Mph and I can do better than that.the new honda pioneer 43 mph,the new viking around 50 mph, 800 ranger around 53 mph........................AND THE BEST PART IS NO PAYMENTS.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
EVERY brand has it's issues , just like the diesel Peecups

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Yep that no payment thing is what keeps me from buying, I stopped by the dealer today and picked up an oil change kit [yep still running the A/C stuff] and all they had was the HDX there.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I stopped at Nelson's Speed Shop yesterday (Multi Brand Dealer) and the 500 HDX, and Wildcat Trail were all they had in the AC line up. The trail is very impressive. Polaris was 70% of their showroom floor, CanAm, and John Deere made up the rest. They had a RZR 1000, didn't realize how big they were! Came home empty handed, but with happy wife! LOL

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I stopped at Nelson's Speed Shop yesterday (Multi Brand Dealer) and the 500 HDX, and Wildcat Trail were all they had in the AC line up. The trail is very impressive. Polaris was 70% of their showroom floor, CanAm, and John Deere made up the rest. They had a RZR 1000, didn't realize how big they were! Came home empty handed, but with happy wife! LOL
RD did you see the big price on the rzr 1000.................:):) buddy of mine just bought one 24,000 out the door that was with a bumper,windshield,roof,I would have to say after financed darn near 30,000................:confused:.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Same numbers, this one had a top, windshield, and bumpers. Also looked like a set of beadlocks.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I'm hoping I pick up at least 10 HP, but that is pushing it!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
The guy I know that just traded his 2012 800 Polaris Crew for a 2014 900 said when he's done he'll have about $26,000 in his, one of his friends picked up a Polaris 900 Ranger (3-seater) with full hard cab & heater, $19,500. The advantage they have is they can write it off as farm use and no sales tax added on. Oh yea that full cab has power windows.:eek:

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
The guy I know that just traded his 2012 800 Polaris Crew for a 2014 900 said when he's done he'll have about $26,000 in his, one of his friends picked up a Polaris 900 Ranger (3-seater) with full hard cab & heater, $19,500. The advantage they have is they can write it off as farm use and no sales tax added on. Oh yea that full cab has power windows.:eek:
LOL I seen one at our Polaris dealer with power windows,that's going a little far,but for 20,000 it should.:eek:

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
If I do that would be a 25% gain! Not to shabby! I think the stock 700 is around 40HP, and about the same on torque! Never have seen any published numbers!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts