Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was wondering if any of you could help me. I have a 2006 Prowler. I'm considering purchasing a set of OEM XTZ shoulder belts from a member here. I know I need to add a mounting bracket to the upper part of the cage for the shoulder harness. What I don't know is where exactly they mount the large, bulky retractable piece of the belt.

So I was wondering if anbody could take a picture of where and how they mount this piece on the Prowler? I think it can be from any of the machines with the shoulder belts but still with the square tubular frame (not the new round tube frames).

Any help appreciated as I'm trying to get an idea of just how much modifications I need to do to make these work on my machine....

Thanks to Riddler28 for helping me with some pictures he had. Just thought I would see if somebody could get me a picture that was focused specifically on this part of the belt system.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the pictures Diesel. Those will definitely help me for ideas on the upper shoulder mount. But like Ricky said, the primary picture I'm looking for is how they mounted the large, retractable piece. Just curious as to the exact location they mounted it, and if they added some sort of bracket they mounted it too. Any close up pictures of that would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
It is just a flat plate tacked to the cage and a through bolt..
Thanks for the pictures Diesel. That should help me figure this out. Should be an easy fab/weld job for my friend....

Maybe you could do one more thing for me? Could you measure from the seam of where the upper cage meets with the bottom frame up to the center of the bolt on the shoulder mount. This will give me an idea of how high they mount the shoulder harness. Thx......

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had the measurement but I lost it. I'm getting ready to mount shoulder belts on my 2006. Can somebody measure your OEM shoulder belt machine (with square frame) and tell me what the measurement is from the seam of where the top cage meets the bottom frame to the "center" of the shoulder bolt mount? I'm just trying to get an idea how high to mount the lap belt on the upper frame. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I don't think where the ratcheting part of the belt really matters where you put it just long as it is far enough away from the upper portion so the belt does not twist going in.

As far as the upper bolt mount just sit in it and see where it works best for you coming across the shoulder and not too close to the neck.

I have done 5 conversions 3 for the front and 2 for rear seat passengers.

I just hold it with friction clamps and sit in it and then move them around or have the kids sit and then I monkey around until I like it.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't think where the ratcheting part of the belt really matters where you put it just long as it is far enough away from the upper portion so the belt does not twist going in.

As far as the upper bolt mount just sit in it and see where it works best for you coming across the shoulder and not too close to the neck.

I have done 5 conversions 3 for the front and 2 for rear seat passengers.

I just hold it with friction clamps and sit in it and then move them around or have the kids sit and then I monkey around until I like it.
I already have the bottom portion almost in. I have the alignment hole drilled, but I still need to do the mounting bolt hole. I'm doing a little different install than most of you did. I went to a metal shop to see if he could fab me up some brackets to have my friend weld on. But the shop guy looked at the belts and the Prowler and suggested I just bolt everything to the existing frame (I think he really just didn't have time and didn't want to mess with it). So I already have it planned out and have all of the necessary hardware to do that setup, and it should work just fine. I was only wanting to know roughly how high the top belt mounts so I at least know where OEM placement is. I plan on sitting in it and see what seems to be best, but I at least wanted an idea of stock placement.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anybody tell me the length from the bottom of the top cage (or seem between top and bottom cage) up to the center of the bolt mounting the shoulder belt on your OEM belts? I had the measurement before but I misplaced it.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I installed my OEM shoulder belts into my 2006 Prowler. I went a little different route than most in that I did not weld brackets on to do it. I had full intensions of having my friend weld on some brackets, but the guy at a machine shop who was supposed to fab me up some brackets said I should just bolt directly to the existing frame. I personally think that he just didn't have the time to want to mess with my little project. But anyway, I went ahead and mounted everything just by using bolts and miscellaneous other pieces. I think it turned out pretty well. Just an idea for some out there that don't weld or don't have easy access to somebody that welds. Took some pictures as well....

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts