Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I know that there has been a thread about this buy i cant find it anywhere. I finally got my prowler out for its 1st good ride since i bought it a few months ago. amazed all the nay-sayers with theirs sportsmans and kodiaks but a couple of times, after i was stopped with the ignition off I'd try and start it and the starter couldnt turn the engine over. it's like the starter isnt powerful enough to turn the engine over on the compression stroke. I would just keep trying and after 3 or 4 times it would finally fire. does anyone have any idea why, or maybe the missing thread im looking for has an answer????? thanks folks, and I also have plowed my driveway 3 times today due to over a foot of snow and let me tell ya how friggin awesome it works!!!!!!! i'm lovin this buggy!!!:D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks. let me know cause i still have warranty till march. it seems to run fine but i did notice this weekend that when in 2hi, i would try to do a donut in the snow and it really didnt wanna rev out too much. kinda suprised me a bit being a 700efi and all. OH, and it only happens once the engine is warm.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I had a 06 , 650xt that had that problem. I bought a high powered battery from Hunterworks, I think it was called electro-static or something like that. That took care of the problem.Spun it over good after that.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Sounds like the battery to me also, I had a simular problem and found my radio was left on???? simple as that had to charge the battery.

The temperature changes also mess with batteries draining them or somehting like that. just a thought.

·
Registered
23 Posts
08 650. having the same experience. Seems to only happen after running for a few with a warm engine. "acts" like advanced ignition timing. Cuppla clicks on the key seems to get it past the compression stroke & she fires right up.

Hello,
I know that there has been a thread about this buy i cant find it anywhere. I finally got my prowler out for its 1st good ride since i bought it a few months ago. amazed all the nay-sayers with theirs sportsmans and kodiaks but a couple of times, after i was stopped with the ignition off I'd try and start it and the starter couldnt turn the engine over. it's like the starter isnt powerful enough to turn the engine over on the compression stroke. I would just keep trying and after 3 or 4 times it would finally fire. does anyone have any idea why, or maybe the missing thread im looking for has an answer????? thanks folks, and I also have plowed my driveway 3 times today due to over a foot of snow and let me tell ya how friggin awesome it works!!!!!!! i'm lovin this buggy!!!:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts