Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Prolwer 650xt, sumerged it thinkin a 5 ft hole was a 2 ft hole. I cleaned the carbs replaced oil and fuel pump, spark plug. The cat idles fine around 1300-1200 but when I drive it she quits out in me in 2 mins, very hard to start afterwards. I cant figure out whats wrong. No leaking or wierd noises. Can anyone help?:confused:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I would check your valves just to see if any damage there because it seems you have done everything else right. My neighbor had the same problem and it was a bent valve.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response. Im new to the arctic cat machine, how would I go about checking the valves? Is there a thread or maybe a video somewhere? Also I have noticed the radiator fan kicks on really early

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just discovered some soot/residue laying on the bottom of my gas tank. Wondering if that might be the cause of the problem. Is there anyway to drain the tank? Has anyone came up with something? Thanks for reading

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
There is no drain.
You will have to remove the tank to drain.

Good luck.

There is a link to your manual in the faq. from mymowerparts.com it will explain the valve adj. procedure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts