Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to UTVs and just got a 2012 700 xtx Arctic Cat. It needs tires and that's where my confusion begins. I was hoping to tap into the vast knowledge of this group. I live in Florida so the terrain is vegetation, stumps, gravel but mostly mud. The existing tires are ITP Mud Lite 27x11x14 rear and Red Eagle 26x10x14 front.

So any suggestions as to what to replace these with?
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I am new to UTVs and just got a 2012 700 xtx Arctic Cat. It needs tires and that's where my confusion begins. I was hoping to tap into the vast knowledge of this group. I live in Florida so the terrain is vegetation, stumps, gravel but mostly mud. The existing tires are ITP Mud Lite 27x11x14 rear and Red Eagle 26x10x14 front.

So any suggestions as to what to replace these with?
Thank you.
Welcome to the best prowler site great members and great info,first off you want to keep your tire height the same size.You will get a lot of different feed back on tires....I run the original Big horns on my prowler and my Quad,they are a good all around tire probably not the best tire for deep mud.They say the Roctane's are real good tires also.:):)

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
welcome to the house , I defer to the southern mud guys on the tires .. we're mostly woods n mountain trails guys around here [in my ride group of gear heads] .. but there are some mud ducks here :)

fill out a signature and location … makes for less back and forth questions before answers can flow [in some questions]

·
Registered
404 Posts
My honda 300 is a strict built mud machine. The Itp 589s are a great mud tire with deep lugs and a self cleaning tread. The tires also last a very long time even when they are drivin on paved roads. Over 5000 miles have been netted on my pair. And 2000 are garenteed asphalt. Also keep in mind that over them 5000 miles they through off the odometer so there where more yet.

The tires also cup nicely. Anything that we pulled into and became stuck. We easily backed out of. The tires like any other mud tire have a little shimmy in them till about 5 mph. Then it's gone.

I Speek highly of them cause I've got a set my father had a set and a buddy had a set and none of us ever had a single problem. We also liked the bed protection that they offered.

They have
great traction and cleaning
very smooth mud tire above 5 mpht
Excellent wear over 5000 miles on 3 different sets
very puncture resistant
And offer great flotation as well as you can practically run them flat if needed.

I have nothing bad to say about the tire other than they may be a little pricey! But every mud tire is expensive. Roughly 130 a tire compared to other mud tires of 150 plus. Happy tire hunting!

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Can't help you on Mud Tires, but I'll second the concern about different tire heights front to rear, the stock XTX's came with 26's all around. Running in 4 wheel drive with different tire heights will result in driveline stress, or breakage.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
My honda 300 is a strict built mud machine. The Itp 589s are a great mud tire with deep lugs and a self cleaning tread. The tires also last a very long time even when they are drivin on paved roads. Over 5000 miles have been netted on my pair. And 2000 are garenteed asphalt. Also keep in mind that over them 5000 miles they through off the odometer so there where more yet.

The tires also cup nicely. Anything that we pulled into and became stuck. We easily backed out of. The tires like any other mud tire have a little shimmy in them till about 5 mph. Then it's gone.

I Speek highly of them cause I've got a set my father had a set and a buddy had a set and none of us ever had a single problem. We also liked the bed protection that they offered.

They have
great traction and cleaning
very smooth mud tire above 5 mpht
Excellent wear over 5000 miles on 3 different sets
very puncture resistant
And offer great flotation as well as you can practically run them flat if needed.

I have nothing bad to say about the tire other than they may be a little pricey! But every mud tire is expensive. Roughly 130 a tire compared to other mud tires of 150 plus. Happy tire hunting!
I agree the 589 is a great tire I have a buddy that run's them and there probably 6 years old with a lot of pavement mileage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you so much. Actually one of the biggest tire dilemmas was height and width. So the fact that all tires need to be the same height is narrowing down my search.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
The stock XTX's come with 14x9x26 fronts, and 14X11X26 rears, most all are radial. If you jump up in diameter, you will more than likely have to install a clutch kit to make it run right. If you are running mud, the stock clutch has light weight rollers already, and it should work well with 26" tall mud tires.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My machine had a new set of Sedona Buzzsaw XT tires on it and I am really impressed with them, good traction on all different surfaces.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I believe a member on here has a set,I heard they are a good tire.:)
Purchased a set for the front and soon to be the rear also on my fathers 800 ranger crew. Seem to be a smooth riding well biting tire with a nice flat tread that doesn't seem to cup!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
My machine had a new set of Sedona Buzzsaw XT tires on it and I am really impressed with them, good traction on all different surfaces.
I had a hard time deciding between the two but went with ripsaws instead of the buzzsaws. Couldn't find many reviews on either one at the time.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I seen a set of those buzz saw tires today over at the honda shop.very aggressive tread the lugs looked darn near 1'' tall......:)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I think I read a couple negative comments about those Sedona tires (Buzzsaw/Ripsaw) being smaller diameter than advertised. Not sure how true that is. And probably common on a lot of different tires.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I think I read a couple negative comments about those Sedona tires (Buzzsaw/Ripsaw) being smaller diameter than advertised. Not sure how true that is. And probably common on a lot of different tires.
Yea like my BIG HORNS are only 25 1/2'' tall my stock tires were 26'' on the money.I did talk to some one on another site that didn't like them in the mud,you will get a lot of different opinions.:eek:

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I seen a set of those buzz saw tires today over at the honda shop.very aggressive tread the lugs looked darn near 1'' tall......:)
The Buzz Saw has 7/8" and the Rip Saws are 1-1/8".

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
1 - 20 of 44 Posts