Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that Christmas is over I can spend some money on me. Whats the cheapest place to order a front differential. Still thinking about rebuilding mine, but I would like to see the price of a new one. Cheapest ive found was babbitts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Now that Christmas is over I can spend some money on me. Whats the cheapest place to order a front differential. Still thinking about rebuilding mine, but I would like to see the price of a new one. Cheapest ive found was babbitts
Seems like i heard on here somewhere there like 1200.00 bucks. But i cant remember for sure. Maybe that was diff and labor to install.:confused:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i wish, that boogers 1200 without it being installed. I just dont know what websites to look at that deal with prowlers.

·
Registered
656 Posts
i wish, that boogers 1200 without it being installed. I just dont know what websites to look at that deal with prowlers.
I usually just search arctic cat prowler parts or something to that nature and usually find several different ones to look at. But hang in there some of these guys will chime in and give some advise on where to look.;)

·
Registered
2,681 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
If i was only that lucky. I need a 08. Been watching that on ebay for a while.
Call them they have alot of used cat parts.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
If i was only that lucky. I need a 08. Been watching that on ebay for a while.
Call them they have a lot of used cat parts.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not to hard to rebuild or if you decide to replace as a whole its very easy. What happened to yours?

Stripped out the ring gear and it went south from there. Ended up cracking the case. Im thinking its about 600 to order the parts. does anyone know where i can get that stupid tool to take it apart? And how much is it

·
Registered
583 Posts
Stripped out the ring gear and it went south from there. Ended up cracking the case. Im thinking its about 600 to order the parts. does anyone know where i can get that stupid tool to take it apart? And how much is it
I'm guessing you mean the pinion nut tool? If you can weld you can make one pretty easy. If you decide to make it: buy a new nut, take it to a hardware store and find a union fitting thing (not real good with plumbing terms) that will fit inside tightly. Then get apiece of exhaust tubing of similar size and weld to it. I went to a muffler shop and they gave me some scrap. Weld the nut to the tube, then either weld another nut to the other end to use to turn it or weld a cheater pipe to the tube. Is the big side of your case shot? If so you can just use a sawzall and cut your pinion gear out from the old case, much easier than using the pinion nut tool to take it out if the threads are screwed.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sorry to hear of your case being cracked. I must admit that I would try to repair the crack.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm guessing you mean the pinion nut tool? If you can weld you can make one pretty easy. If you decide to make it: buy a new nut, take it to a hardware store and find a union fitting thing (not real good with plumbing terms) that will fit inside tightly. Then get apiece of exhaust tubing of similar size and weld to it. I went to a muffler shop and they gave me some scrap. Weld the nut to the tube, then either weld another nut to the other end to use to turn it or weld a cheater pipe to the tube. Is the big side of your case shot? If so you can just use a sawzall and cut your pinion gear out from the old case, much easier than using the pinion nut tool to take it out if the threads are screwed.

im gonna try to make one this weekend. gonna put the part order in tomorrow after i do a final search for a complete one.

·
Registered
583 Posts
im gonna try to make one this weekend. gonna put the part order in tomorrow after i do a final search for a complete one.
Heres a good thread on making one:
Pinion Tool

Also search the arcticcat section on highlifter and you'll find lots of good front diff info and people that know the diffs in and out. They helped me loads when I rebuilt mine. Allballs sells complete diff bearing kits on ebay for aroung $80 too.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks RyansCat. ill have to check that site out also. now if i could just get some help getting the freaking parts ordered.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
did you figure out what all is broke?
yes sir, I need to order, Not sure if ill need 0502-736. Does anyone know if 0502-548 includes both the gearcase and cover? Nothing was damaged really but the gears, all the bearings are still good.

0502-649 Gear, Pinion - Assembly - 9T (inc. 31-32)
0502-548 Housing, Gearcase 0402-328 Bearing, Needle 1502-556 Gear, Front - Assembly - 36T (1502-235) 1402-713 Seal (1402-441)
0502-736 Cover, Gearcase (inc. one No. 2 and 10-25)
0402-328
Bearing, Needle

·
Registered
583 Posts
yes sir, I need to order, Not sure if ill need 0502-736. Does anyone know if 0502-548 includes both the gearcase and cover? Nothing was damaged really but the gears, all the bearings are still good.

0502-649 Gear, Pinion - Assembly - 9T (inc. 31-32)
0502-548 Housing, Gearcase 0402-328 Bearing, Needle 1502-556 Gear, Front - Assembly - 36T (1502-235) 1402-713 Seal (1402-441)
0502-736 Cover, Gearcase (inc. one No. 2 and 10-25)
0402-328
Bearing, Needle
0502-548 is the big side only, not the cover. I had to get that too. The ring gear is the expensive part if its shot. If you buy the ring/spider gearset, check that weld out on the spidergear pin before you install it and get a good weld on there.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
holy crap, now im over 800.. now its getting tempting to just order it all together.

Thanks for you help, babbits told me to call the dealer and cat country told me it was included. ... go freaking figure

1 - 20 of 28 Posts