Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the Forum I Have a 08 650 and need some new seats real bad but I don't wont to spend a arm and leg for them any suggestions on where to go

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I haven't priced the oem, but one option you might consider is installing some factory RZR seats in your Prowler. You can often find deals on a set (whether it be locally, Craig's List, or eBay). They are pretty easy to adapt to your AC seat base, and pretty comfortable. You will have to take off your rubber head rest pads to fit properly. Just an option if you can't find oem Arctic Cat seats for affordable.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I haven't priced the oem, but one option you might consider is installing some factory RZR seats in your Prowler. You can often find deals on a set (whether it be locally, Craig's List, or eBay). They are pretty easy to adapt to your AC seat base, and pretty comfortable. You will have to take off your rubber head rest pads to fit properly. Just an option if you can't find oem Arctic Cat seats for affordable.
I found some oem ones on E-bay couldn't believe what they wanted for them.:eek:

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
New to the Forum I Have a 08 650 and need some new seats real bad but I don't wont to spend a arm and leg for them any suggestions on where to go
Welcome to the best prowler site,pull up a chair and hang around for a while,great members,and good info................:)

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Hmm do I call about these???? Not sure if I'm ready for another project.
Polaris Rzr stock seats no bases (4) seats
It is an easy project if you do it. Pick up a 1/4" thick strip of metal about 48" long and maybe 1.5" wide from Home Depot or Lowes (I used 4 pieces a little wider than 12", so you may need two strips of metal if you go the route I did). Drill holes centered the width of the RZR seat mounting base holes. Drill another set of holes the width of the AC bases, but tap these holes to accept the AC seat base bolts. Mount the plates to the bottom of the RZR seats width wise front and back. Then position that on top of your AC seat base. Mount the seat base with the front bolts through the front slots on the AC base. Position where you want the seat, and then you will just have to drill the rear holes in the AC base. Then thread the AC bolts to the rear. You might have to cut a few threads off the rear bolts as they may be a little too long. I have some pictures that I posted in another thread that I can try and dig up.

As far as seats go, eBay seems a little pricey to me. I just picked up 4 more RZR seats locally for $50 per seat. Way better than any deal I've found on eBay. So you just have to shop around. These ones are red and black. So will look real nice on my red/black Prowler. Have to color coordinate.:D

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
RZR Seats in a Prowler

Here are some pictures of the RZR seat bases and with them installed. I had a buddy weld some nuts on the backside, but if I had it to do over again I would just drill and tap the outer holes on the strips of metal (I had already drilled my holes too big to tap). I think I picked up 3/16" thick strips from Home Depot, but I think they also had 1/4" thick strips. I would go with those and tap them. You will tap the outer holes, but the inner holes you don't need to tap them. You just need to drill the holes big enough so you can bolt the strips to the RZR seats. I took the head rest pads off my Prowler for more clearance. And I also mounted my seats so there was maybe 1/2" clearance between the RZR seat and the head rest mounting plate. I wanted room there so the seat wasn't rubbing on the plate. You could cut that bar out for more clearance if you wanted.

I've included pictures with the black seats in my Prowler. Haven't got my new red/black seats installed yet....:D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Don't know what Prowler you have and even if seats have changed over the years. But I did a search for a 2009 XTX and the part# came in as 1506-925 and was basically $150 a piece plus shipping at acparts.com or babbits.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Don't know what Prowler you have and even if seats have changed over the years. But I did a search for a 2009 XTX and the part# came in as 1506-925 and was basically $150 a piece plus shipping at acparts.com or babbits.
At that price,I think I would have to go with something else......my thought's.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Looks like a simple install. Gardner, Kansas is about 81 miles from I might give them a call or email and see if they'll split the set and sell two.

·
Registered
282 Posts
will these rzr seats work with a harness or is that a different kind of seat?

I will have stock seats available one of these days:D

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
will these rzr seats work with a harness or is that a different kind of seat?

I will have stock seats available one of these days:D
From what I hear the stock RZR seats will work with a harness, but not great. There is a local guy that does cutouts for the stock seats. They look like this.... UTV Parts Classifieds for Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming | ksl.com

One negative thing I can say about the RZR seats is the fabric isn't as stout as the oem AC seats. So I could see them getting snagged or torn easier. Maybe somebody with a RZR could chime in better?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts