Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am Ron Smith (Rockerga) and I am a side-by-side virgin with a new 700 HDX. Mine will be 90% for work on my property with hopefully 10% of GREAT fun at the end of the work day getting the property improved.

I have spent only an hour or so on it working and it surely does the job!!!!! This coming weekend I will be on it all day.

My only negative comment, if it is even that, is I do not like the start only in "Neutral" capability! I know I can get used to anything but I work on some serious hills with loads and I am concerned about getting it out of PARK to start as well as on the fly dying (Or mudding!!!!) and having to locate Nuetral to start it.....

My son has a Yamaha Rhino (The HDX kills it!!!! :D ) that will start in any gear as long as the brake is applied. Is there a bypass for this weakness on the HDX?:confused:

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
welcome

welcome aboard,lots of great knowledge,and great members.iam sure there is some kind of safety switch,on my 06 i can start mine in gear i just got to push on brake peddle. some one will chime in and tell more about it,i believe the hdx has a park.:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
welcome aboard,lots of great knowledge,and great members.iam sure there is some kind of safety switch,on my 06 i can start mine in gear i just got to push on brake peddle. some one will chime in and tell more about it,i believe the hdx has a park.:)
Yea, the "PARK" is what I want to bypass. I wouild like to KILL that connection so I can start it in any gear. Depressing a brake is not a problem...

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
don't know about yours but mine works with brake pedal in any gear for starting

BTW welcome to the house

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
412 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to Arctic Cat!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Cant you just splice into the park switch and install a manual switch that way to can turn the park to start feature on or off?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts