Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...was up at munds park,,,rained like a dog saturday..finally cleared off in the afternoon. After dinner was hangin at the fire..decided to take the wife for a quick ride...everyone else was eating dinner and since i was just goin around the campground i didnt say anything to anyone...got out n about so we drove some more.

...so we took off down the fire road...got about 2 miles away and turned back...my wife looks over and asks "what is that?" ..it was my rear wheel passing us as it went off into the woods...came to a stop..grabbed the wheel..walked back looking for lug nuts..found 2..

..uh..no jack, no tools..no radio, no phone on me..argghh..its getting dark.."honey, you need to start walking back to camp".... she was PO'ed!! :mad:

Lucky for me i had a cooler full of beer. Freaky a$$ woods at night and no gun either..Hour and a half later..my buds pull up in a truck...put the wheel back on, get about 1/2 mile down the road and it passes me again...arrgghhhh..

just a reminder kids..always take a phone/radio..always let people know where you are going..and try not to ride alone!!! broke my first rule of riding...and it sucked.. :cool:

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
OK...was up at munds park,,,rained like a dog saturday..finally cleared off in the afternoon. After dinner was hangin at the fire..decided to take the wife for a quick ride...everyone else was eating dinner and since i was just goin around the campground i didnt say anything to anyone...got out n about so we drove some more.

...so we took off down the fire road...got about 2 miles away and turned back...my wife looks over and asks "what is that?" ..it was my rear wheel passing us as it went off into the woods...came to a stop..grabbed the wheel..walked back looking for lug nuts..found 2..

..uh..no jack, no tools..no radio, no phone on me..argghh..its getting dark.."honey, you need to start walking back to camp".... she was PO'ed!! :mad:

Lucky for me i had a cooler full of beer. Freaky a$$ woods at night and no gun either..Hour and a half later..my buds pull up in a truck...put the wheel back on, get about 1/2 mile down the road and it passes me again...arrgghhhh..

just a reminder kids..always take a phone/radio..always let people know where you are going..and try not to ride alone!!! broke my first rule of riding...and it sucked.. :cool:
Sorry to hear about this Split.

I know it could happen to any one of us. People always laugh at how much gear I carry and I just ignore it. I carry a spot Satellite device for emergency and I am considering a Satellite phone for as much of road deep into the woods riding I do on the dirt bike and the side x side. If any one is interested in the satellite phones let me know and we may be able to do a group purchase or something. I am glad the outcome of your trip was good and everyone made it out safe. I agree with you about never riding alone.

Other then the misfortune how did "El Diablo Del Gato" perform?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
el diablo del gato is running great for still being stripped down..that friggin silt turns to nasty, sticky mud up there tho...the wheels were my fault for not "pre flighting" my rig after getting it out of the fab shop...i knew one wheel wasnt seated proper but forgot about it... doh!

Wife was fine when we got back after a few whiskeys! ;) she was taught a valuable lesson..never let your hubby ride w/o being properly equipped for the ride! hmmm sounds kinda funny ?

·
Registered
166 Posts
That sucks Rick, You getting that thing into powder coat soon?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts

I learned that when I broke my shoulder on my Yamaha Grizzly 660!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Well it wasnt all bad you had a cooler of beer.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i was going to powder coat this week but i am taking extra time on the sheet metal fab..so maybe another week.

thanks for advice chris..will have to remember that on the next ride :D

yeah..the beer was second best thing..next to seeing the truck headlights come around the bend..yeaaahhhhh:eek:

it def needs a good goin through before i leave again..i need to send the clutch off to airdam soon...argghh..

·
Registered
94 Posts
So how much crap did you get back at the camp fire?lol

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
I was laughing reading this, because it has happen to me so many times. After the first time you swear you learned your lesson, and then it happens again lol Glad it was only a couple miles!!!

last time it happened to me, I was so mad i drove it back to camp with no radiator cap, I was about 2 miles out when the light came on and I started looking at stuff and found my problem.

I looked at my wife and we didn't tell anyone we were going for a little ride and we should of walked back to camp.

I got pissed said screw it and drove back to camp and payed for the new headgasket and radiator cap.:confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know how you feel about the mud up in Munds....We rode in that crap all day Saturday and it took me 2 days to get it all washed off....But it was fun!!

Here is just one of the pics...

Me and the boys on the edge of Oak Creek Canyon...

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I know how you feel about the mud up in Munds....We rode in that crap all day Saturday and it took me 2 days to get it all washed off....But it was fun!!

Here is just one of the pics...

Me and the boys on the edge of Oak Creek Canyon...

Looks like a good time. It sure beats dust in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I just got back from Crested Butte Colorado from a week of dirt bike riding with the boys and it was a bit muddy as well. I enjoyed not having to clean the air filter every day and not breathing all of the dust and dirt I'm used to from the desert. A little rain on a ride is fine with me. I agree Rick it brings out the kid in me.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
I just got back from Crested Butte Colorado from a week of dirt bike riding with the boys and it was a bit muddy as well. I enjoyed not having to clean the air filter every day and not breathing all of the dust and dirt I'm used to from the desert. A little rain on a ride is fine with me. I agree Rick it brings out the kid in me.
now we just need pics????? lol:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts