Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally made the move from ATV to UTV with a 2009 Arctic Cat 700 XTX. You guys have all been a great source of information as I add bits and pieces to get my Prowler dialed in for my particular needs. I look forward to my participation in the conversations. I can't wait to get it to its new home in Buena Vista in Baja California Sur.

My AC will be headed for BCS mid-November as we trailer it to Buena Vista. It will spend its life traveling the coast of the Sea of Cortez and the Vados and Mountains of Southern Baja. Still need my Harness Bar, Harnesses, Bench Seat, and some music. Thanks again for your assistance so far.

EastCaper

Attachments

·
Registered
463 Posts
Congrats. and welcome

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Welcome to the site!! Keep the pics coming! i love Baja, I have ridden most of it from Ensenada to Cabo a few times back and forth across the peninsula, only did it on my two wheeler and I cant wait to get my Arctic Cat there some day soon. You have one lucky Cat there to live in such a beautiful place.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Todos Santos was amazing when I rolled through there. I could not believe such a beautiful city was all the way down there in Baja. Possibly my favorite city I saw.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcome

I appreciate the welcome comments from everyone. We have a house on the East Cape in Buena Vista and Todos Santos is one of our favorte towns as well. I look forward to sharing adventures and learning from those who have taken the thousands of trails and roads off the main highway. This trip will be focused on the area between La Paz and Cabo Pulmo using the house as a safe haven and repair shop as required. Thanks again for the warm welcome. Here are a couple more of my favorite spots, Punta Pescadero and Punta Colorado
EastCaper

Attachments

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I finally made the move from ATV to UTV with a 2009 Arctic Cat 700 XTX. You guys have all been a great source of information as I add bits and pieces to get my Prowler dialed in for my particular needs. I look forward to my participation in the conversations. I can't wait to get it to its new home in Buena Vista in Baja California Sur.

My AC will be headed for BCS mid-November as we trailer it to Buena Vista. It will spend its life traveling the coast of the Sea of Cortez and the Vados and Mountains of Southern Baja. Still need my Harness Bar, Harnesses, Bench Seat, and some music. Thanks again for your assistance so far.

EastCaper
NEVER TO LATE! Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Made It Down & Back

Made a successful two week trip from Southern California to Buena Vista and back over Thanksgiving. This was the trip to trailer my Prowler down to it's new home on the Baja mentioned in previous posts. Very eventful trip but will cut to the quick. What a great vehicle. I mounted all the additional accessories before the trip and everything worked extremely well. Made several day trips from Buena Vista to well south of La Ribera to do some surf fishing and exploring with my brother. I'm still working out the entry and exit issues for the rear facing passengers but I think the right hitch extension and a hitch step just might be the ticket. Seat is from Twisted Stitch and is very comfortable with the 4 point harnesses. I know because no my wife wants to drive her friends around.....I get the back seat! Here are some pics. Thanks again for all the help from the site. Yes that's my fat butt in the last picture. Next trip, April!

EastCaper

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
FIshing

Offshore was decent depending on the wind. Yellowfin Tuna to about 30-35 lbs, Dorado to 20-25 lbs. Marlin were in the area but fat and happy and not very cooperative. Inshore (surf) the usual array of stuff for the East Cape, Jacks, Needlefish, Ladyfish, Pompono, and some I couldn't even identify. It's an excuse to leave the casa for a day and drink beer. That part was executed flawlessly. Hope you enjoy the pics.

EastCaper

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts