Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to forum & AC. My Prowler HDX has 4 hours & less than 25 miles. It was running fine, started missing. I barely made it back to my house & shut it down. It will not start. Called dealer, who said I needed a new plug which he gave me & I installed. Still will not start. Dealer has had it back now for 10 days & cannot fiqure out what the problem is. They tell me they are working with Arctic Cat. Any suggestions on how I might lead my dealer to an answer? I hope this is a fluke & not a sign of things to come. Very disappointing.

hrmayer

·
Registered
618 Posts
So it's cranking over just won't fire?

Have they checked fuel pressure? Is it getting spark?

Have they checked for codes?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do not know what they have attempted to fix the machine. They are to call me today for an update as to where they are on this & are supposed to be speaking with tech reps at AC as they could not, by themselves fiqure this out. It seems to me that a dealer with a service department would be able to handle this. Will let you know what they tell me today. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spoke with owner of AC dealer who sold me the Prowler this morning. He says it has electrical issues they have been unable to solve. Have changed coil, etc. He is frustrated with AC & so am I. He has promised to keep me posted but I have heard this song before. Will let you know what happens in week three. At the end of that time period I am going to ask for a new Prowler or my money back. H.R. Mayer

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Picked Prowler HDX up from dealer on Saturday, 25 February. The problem, discovered with the assistance of Arctic Cat engineers turned out to be a throttle body sensor of some sort. I really know very little about these things. Supposedly it was sending that the throttle was 3/4s open when it in fact, was not. Anyway, it does start now & runs fine. The dealer was very apologetic & gave me sone tie down straps I intended to buy. Happy ending to this story. Hope it is the final chapter. HRM

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Glad to hear your off and running again.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
i will say this....everytime i had to deal with arcticcat in the past ,they are right there to help with any problems...its always the dealer i had a problem with!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
2011 hdx

seems I'm having the same issue , cranks over but will not fire up , put new plug in still nothing , used it last nite best kind . this isn't the first time this happen to me , ....... fustraited

·
Administrator
7,262 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Hope we can help. How long have you owned your HDX? Do you have a service manual, if not you can download one at K&T lawn equipment. Is your battery fully charged and in good condition? These things are voltage sensitive. Check your spark plug boot for damage, I've had several come apart internally. Keep us informed and we will try to work through it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts