Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joey D. Rippin up the new 2011 Arctic Cat Prowler XTZ 1000​

I was lucky enough to get to go on an amazing adventure with Arctic Cat and Americas Adventure Tours ( a UTVUndeground Sponsor) to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon all off road from mesquite, NV for the 2011 Arctic Cat Model Year Intro. It was one of the coolest off road adventures I had ever been on. We did over 300 miles all off road in brand new fresh off th eassembly line Arcitic Cat Prowlers.
I was amazed at how well these vehicles took the abuse that was thrown at them. With the exception of a few blown tires there was no major failures on any of the vehicles. We traversed rocky sections, sandy washes, mountain trails, rough roads, and high speed drifting switch backs.
While I would have love to see a sport specific model be introduced I was more than impressed with the Prowler XTZ 1000 and its capabilities. The motor and power is phenomenal and useable throughout the entire RPM range. Cargo capacity is great, and comfort was exceptional. The new Electronic Power Steering is really great at low speeds and when running in 4wd. The additin of Big Horn tires was a huge plus and I will note non of our tire failures were on Big Horns. While I would love some long travel suspension th estock suspension worked surprisingly well especially at high speeds.
In all I was very impressed with the Arctic Cat lineup and look forward to driving the new Prowler XTZ 1000 again!!! \
Look for more info in an upcoming issue of UTV Off Road Magazine and on UTVGuide.Net where we will be highlighting our trip and discussing the vehicles even further!!!

PROWLER XTZ 1000 (EPS)
Big-Bore Performance at its Finest

Nobody can talk enough about the big-bore performance of the Prowler XTZ. The Baja race-winning XTZ returns for 2011with an all-newrace-inspired round tube canopy, Electronic Power Steering (EPS), newsteering wheel, digital gauge and heavy-duty 14-in. aluminum wheels.
Electronic Power Steering – new to the Prowler XTZ for 2011 – enhance the 1000’s industry-leading handling. Arctic Cat’s Variable Assist EPS allows steering assistance to the XTZ before it even starts tomove at idle. This is a
huge benefit to conserving the rider’s input energy when in 4WD, especially when the differential lock is engaged. Arctic Cat EPS reduces the torque necessary to steer the XTZwhen changing direction with a loaded cargo box or navigating tough obstacles like rocks, deep mud or logs.

Joey D. gettin it on in the Prowler XTZ 1000
Combining one of the industry’s largest engines with sport-inspired suspension geometry, the performance minded Prowler XTZ provides the ultimate in untouchable recreation.
Arctic Cat engines have power where it matters: the ground. Arctic Cat H2 engines have more pulling power,more climbing power and more acceleration. The powerhouse 1000 V-Twin H2 has a 951cc, 4-stroke monster performance mill. The Duramatic automatic transmission has dynamic engine braking with Low, High, Neutral and Reverse.
New Dash and Tach configuration​
The stance and suspension were race-bred and performance-calibrated with additional ride-in. What is ride-in? The Prowler XTZ will squat roughly 2 inches (depending on driver/passenger sizes) while providing 10 inches of ground clearance and 10 inches of suspension travel. The lower ride height and center of gravity inspire riding confidence in aggressive cornering and high speed handling. The XTZ boasts high performance suspension geometry with the best gas-charged monotube shocks on themarket.

Gas Charged Monotube Shocks
A front locking 4WDdifferential with an all-in-one 2WD/4WD/Diff Lock rocker switch button for quick engagement shifting and rearmounted swaybar for improved trail driving.

NEW FOR 2011​
COLORS
•MetallicWhite or Viper Blue
SHOCKS
•High-Performance
Ryde FX gas shocks
SPORT CANOPY
•ROPS compliant, Baja-inspired
round tube canopy
GAUGES AND STEERINGWHEEL
•Digital gauge redesign with
seat belt indicator light and
newsteering wheel
THROTTLE
•Redesigned foot throttle with
lighter actuator spring
PARKING BRAKE
•Console-mounted automotivestyle
parking brake

LEADING FEATURES
• 951cc, SOHC 4-stroke, 4-valve, V-twin, liquid cooled enginewith EFI
• An Arctic Cat produced performance engine built in the state-of-the-art
St. Cloudmanufacturing facility.
• 3-point seat belts
• Rearviewmirror
• 600-lb. box payload capacity
• 2-in. front and rear receiver hitches
• 14-in. aluminumwheels
• 1,500-lb. towing capacity
• 5-Position Tilt Steering – lever activated for easier entry/departure and
leg room
• Tool kit is convenientlymolded into the passenger side seat for easy access and secure fit.

For specs and more info visit:
NEW 2011 Arctic Cat Lineup **UTVUnderground EXCLUSIVE** - UTVUnderground.Com - The #1 Resource for SXS Enthusiasts

·
Registered
861 Posts
what?? no hood scoop? i think the 1000 just got slower!! Not diggin that gay banner across the hood..hope thats not the production model graphics...and SWEET stayin with the crappy shocks!:rolleyes: I like the head catch net for all you guys with no helmets...rofl!!!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
All this and only show one new model? WOW I could wet my pants. NOT!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Kind of a yawner..Why can't they make a graphic package that looks decent?

·
Registered
88 Posts
This is a huge joke cat has let down all of the owners once again no surprise I don't think ill buy another cat time to start riding a brand that listens to the consumer and makes what people ask for like can am Polaris ooo and every other brand out there. Did exactly what I thought and then somting even dumber, put a different roll cage on and took the scoop away. WAY TO GO CAT DISAPPOINTMENT ONCE AGAIN

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
This is a huge joke cat has let down all of the owners once again no surprise I don't think ill buy another cat time to start riding a brand that listens to the consumer and makes what people ask for like can am Polaris ooo and every other brand out there. Did exactly what I thought and then somting even dumber, put a different roll cage on and took the scoop away. WAY TO GO CAT DISAPPOINTMENT ONCE AGAIN
[[/I]I know I always listen to the other products that are NOT made in the USA! Arctic Cat is a US manufacture and wants to stay one, Beginning with the 2014 model year they will be making their own Snowmobile engines in Minnesota no more jap engines! It is ok not to be happy with every thing they do. So please if you are not Happy with them buy the other brand and maybe they will have a job opening in Mexico or Canada for you. It is not just my feeling but some others we really dont want to hear people say hate their AC and are going to sell it and buy another Brand(not that you said that) We have a GREAT bunch of people on here and I think for the most part are Happy with their Prowlers. Also I am Proud to say I own and Arctic Cat Prowler!

·
Registered
861 Posts
maybe you misunderstood him Joe..seems to me that he has a passion for AC otherwise he wouldnt have one or be upset that they are not keeping pace with market trends/customer issues and requests...reading into it of course.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thank you split that is what I am trying to say. I raced snow x for cat and loved it also have an 08 tcat and 10 xtz but I promise I wont b rushing to get the 11 there's nothing new about it that makes it any better than past models and you pay 2 to 3 grand more for something that is cheaper to build now that it got all the testing done. Now does that make send??? I don't think so but if there was a truly new model the consumer wold be willing to pay the extra but any ways don't get me wrong love cat but wont buy from them tell they start listening to the consumer

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
maybe you misunderstood him Joe..seems to me that he has a passion for AC otherwise he wouldnt have one or be upset that they are not keeping pace with market trends/customer issues and requests...reading into it of course.
I agree, Shawn has always been a strong supporter of Arctic Cat. But when you wait and wait for AC to come out with what a very large part of the customer base has been asking for, and then they don't, you are bound to get upset.

I lost 4 customers today when they called and asked if AC released the sport model...They are now Polaris and Can Am shopping. This has been going on for a year now, and AC's territory and factory reps keep saying, "We are happy with the machine, why aren't you, you just don't know what the customers really want". Hmm, wrong answer AC, I get feedback every day from the customers. Yes, you do build a nice HDX, you build a nice XTX and XT, but they just aren't selling right now. The local Polaris dealer, even in a market that is locally down 70%, is still selling every RZR, RZR-4 and RZR-S that he gets in within 30-45 days. Every one of the new CanAms locally is already sold for the next 6 months. But nothing else is selling. Especially the Prowlers. And don't think I don't market the hell out of them, I sponsor rides, events, trail work, I advertise, I do demo rides, I am very active in the sport locally, all to no avail. Look at the posts on UTVUnderground, concerning anything Arctic Cat. They have just a small percentage of the views that other brands get...why, because people just aren't interested in AC's, and why is that, because AC isn't listening to the customers and dealers.

And then, get this, what does the new XTZ cost?
The Can Am Commander X1000 costs $14699. That include beadlocked wheels and Fox Shocks.
The 2011 Polaris RZR-S LE, loaded with Fox Shocks, costs $13999.
Now, get this, I'm holding a price sheet for the 2011 XTZ in my hand...and it costs...... $15599, and this includes what. Fox Shocks? NO.. Beadlocked wheels? NO.... instead, it has crappy shocks that fade quickly.

So you tell me if AC is doing a good job...

I hate to rag on AC, but I'm getting tired of their poor listening skills doing all this. AC does build a great machine when they build it, but they have yet to build a "SPORT MACHINE"...

Sorry Joey for ragging in on your thread, I'm just at a loss because this is affecting my business, drastically.

·
Registered
861 Posts
i feel for you daryl...i will build this ac, ride it into the ground then go elsewhere for a utv. And i am perfectly happy with that decision. Sure there are great guys on this forum, as there are on other forums..and people complain, thats being a consumer...that happens everywhere. To me, the 1000 did what it was supposed to do initially.. sell to customers in the market for a big motor (thats why i bought one)..but there is little support from AC, not many accessories from them, and very little aftermarket goodies either. Hate to say it but even Joe wouldnt have had a job if ford did this to the mustangs after a year or two. Just sayin...i am disappointed but not surprised.. I feel worse for dealers like Daryl and Chris who have no business. Even in a down economy good products will sell..look at Apple products...bad products just fall quicker.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just a consumer here. But I was planning on getting a new 2011 xtc this fall and given the wife tjhe xtx . Will start lookin at canam looks like a well built machine.

·
Registered
463 Posts
This is a kick in the nuts. They could have atleast lowered the seats and cage.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Maybe I did I am sorry then,But It just ticks me off when something isnt perfect and people complain a lot about it or say they are going to sell it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
most definitely not what we all wanted to hear, and you are correct darryl, there is little to no support for any aftermarket products for the prowlers. i wish i had an unending income. i have tons of ideas, but dont have the income to fund any of it. the dual throttlebody setup is running, and i could easily replicate it, however i dont have the money to buy and build them but one at a time. the wet clutch delete setup with the new race clutch that i have designed, i am almost to the end of it, and have run out of money to fund the end of it, gotta wait till more money comes thru the door before i can send the parts off for thru hardening. july was my slowest month ever, i barely made $300 the whole month. if i had more income i could fund the builds of some REALLY cool things that will make cats the shag nasty machines you guys want. the new clutch and twin throttlebody setup will nearly double your whp. however i am a small guy with a VERY limited income and dont have the money to build these things like i want otherwise they'd alraedy be done and on the shelf. dont get mad at your cats just yet. there will be new stuff coming from me to make them closer to what you want. just let me get some money coming in and i'll make it happen

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I have a question then? Is it possible that some consumers have an expectation that some companies for what ever reason cant meet? I can understand that some people buy these things to race ride very hard etc, But for the average guy who buys one to maybe upgrade the tires roll cage and just ride it and have fun may see it a lot different. Dont get me wrong being a retired Ford tech I have seen plenty of things that should be but are not. Personally I think Arctic Cat should have come out with a sport utv But for what ever reason didnt. But Im not going to say next time Im going to buy something else. Not everyone has to be Pro BUY AMERICAN but if we dont stand up and try to buy USA products that are not perfect but will do where will we be going? Thanks for listening to my rant.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I have a question then? Is it possible that some consumers have an expectation that some companies for what ever reason cant meet? I can understand that some people buy these things to race ride very hard etc, But for the average guy who buys one to maybe upgrade the tires roll cage and just ride it and have fun may see it a lot different. Dont get me wrong being a retired Ford tech I have seen plenty of things that should be but are not. Personally I think Arctic Cat should have come out with a sport utv But for what ever reason didnt. But Im not going to say next time Im going to buy something else. Not everyone has to be Pro BUY AMERICAN but if we dont stand up and try to buy USA products that are not perfect but will do where will we be going? Thanks for listening to my rant.
Certainly some don't need a sport model, but the overwhelming majority of current sales are going to sport models like the RZR-S and the Teryx Sport. And when a dealer gets most of his customers asking for a sport model, that's what he wants to give them.
Now yes, I'm sure many of us ride these machines harder than what they are designed for, but that is not what is at task here, what is at task is that, as a dealer and consumer, I hear many more requests for a lower CG machine with a sportier feel. When a 260lb, 55 year old man gets in the XTZ and then proceeds to drive it constantly under 20mph, then says, "it handles just fine", I tend to think he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. But that is the attitude we get from most of the AC reps.
Out here in the desert southwest, we don't have trails that are made for driving 10mph so much as we have 45mph desert runs. But we can't seem to convince them that we need machines made more for higher speed desert running here...

Joe, I can sum it up in one sentence, look at the setup you have in your sig line and then look at the setup in my sig line, your's is for slower, reliable running while mine is hell bent for speed...

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Certainly some don't need a sport model, but the overwhelming majority of current sales are going to sport models like the RZR-S and the Teryx Sport. And when a dealer gets most of his customers asking for a sport model, that's what he wants to give them.
Now yes, I'm sure many of us ride these machines harder than what they are designed for, but that is not what is at task here, what is at task is that, as a dealer and consumer, I hear many more requests for a lower CG machine with a sportier feel. When a 260lb, 55 year old man gets in the XTZ and then proceeds to drive it constantly under 20mph, then says, "it handles just fine", I tend to think he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. But that is the attitude we get from most of the AC reps.
Out here in the desert southwest, we don't have trails that are made for driving 10mph so much as we have 45mph desert runs. But we can't seem to convince them that we need machines made more for higher speed desert running here...

Joe, I can sum it up in one sentence, look at the setup you have in your sig line and then look at the setup in my sig line, your's is for slower, reliable running while mine is hell bent for speed...
Everything you say is correct, but I make that mistake with my Mustang and it was a Blast to drive and race, But when I sold it I lost my ass! So when I bought my Prowler I said it was going to be different If and when I sell it I will loose but not my ass( even thou I could stand to loose some of it) Some time we as consumers and dealers(boats) can say all we want but some times it falls on deaf ears. If your business is not doing good I feel for you and hopefully things will improve for you, You are one of the people that makes this site what it is GREAT!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts