Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the last trail ride we got so beaten up in the Prowler (even with the suspension seats and XTZ shocks) that I said that's enough. I bought this 2016 RZR 900 XC yesterday. It has the 900 S suspension, with a 55 inch width. It rides really nice and is super clean. Denise loves it. Now, the fun begins. Ordering windshied, rear window, lower door halves today. The Prowler? Its staying put for street driving and plowing. I can't sell it, I'll never get the $ out of it that I have in it. Plus, I've done so much to it, I can't do think of doing anything else to it. New project time!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
enjoy the heck out of it .. I hope if fills your desires and use , lots of them out there !!

keep a tow strap with you :) I have pulled several out of the woods , even put the same one back on it's wheels 2 times in one day [they roll back over easy] LOL

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they roll back over easy
That's good to know! The handling is freaking amazing, Gary!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
one of my good ride buddies got one very much like yours [comparing the pic to his] ... got to tell ya us old fat guys don't do well getting in or out of them LOL yes they do handle like a sport car .. drive it like ya stole it [and keep a strap handy LOL ]

just kidding ya on the strap :) :)

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Straps in there, Gary! Standard equipment in the Prowler, too!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Straps in there, Gary! Standard equipment in the Prowler, too!
yes to tow out Can Am's and PoPo's LOL KIDDING ... I've been on the strap also , no serious off roader is without the experience LOL if they haven't been stuck somewhere on something [log , snow, rocks , mud , water , wet grass with crappy tires ] then they are missing too much fun and not trying hard enough LOL

·
Administrator
7,257 Posts
Oh the shame of it all! Bryan going to the Dark Side! LOL Nice looking ride! 900 should rip!

Reactions: Firecat

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
72 mph today! This thing is a riot! QUIET! Wow! At 65 I can talk to the passenger. At 72 she's screaming at me. Not that we can't hear, she just didn't like the 72 mph thing! But I did!

·
Administrator
7,257 Posts
Hard to find anything wrong with top end charge!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
except they are very squirlly at that speed for many reasons , wheel base length being high on the list , very low tire pressure being another , hard road surface if on pavement or hard pack dirt another ... at least in the Prowler it is , maybe the PoPo isn't do to weight disto and center of gravity.

when I foolishly take mine up there I say " self what are you showing off for , your buds are to far behind you to gloat" LOL

·
Administrator
7,257 Posts
Loose is fast! LOL

Reactions: Bryan

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is low enough in profile that it really hugs the road. I bumped the tire pressure up to 18 for the trails and gravel roads. It handles very good, so good that I just had to nail it on the black top. Fun and confident ride. Complete opposite of the Prowler. Its plain and simply my workhorse, now.

Reactions: GTroyer

·
Administrator
7,257 Posts
I'm still thinking about replacing mine. LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts