Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I'm from sand mt just bought a new 2011 prowler hdx. must not be a good bike barely any post on it caint find any extra parts for and theres no room for a snorkel has anyone else bought one and made mods plz HELP,Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
there is some members on here that has the hdx,still a good machine,they make alot of after market parts to fit that,you will get plenty of info on here,hang in there.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Welcome northsandmtn.. just a thought.. maybe nothing on here about it means it's really good! Alot of people on here are modding but I think a vast majority are those needing help with mechanical problems! Sometimes no news is good news! Also, you might want to check the Highlifter forums... ALOT of snorkeling, etc..going on over there!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
welcome to the house

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well got my HDX back $632 shreded belt throttle body fuel tank even had mud go explain that one but mud ride priceless ...but if anyone can tell me were it would be possible for mud/water to get into the fuel tank that would be great barley over 100 miles time to seal everything new to artic cat

·
Registered
733 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe that the fuel tank air vent feeds in to the airbox somewhere? If you got mud and water in the base of your air box it would find it's way in there. If you snorkeled it up and di electric greased all your electrical connections as well as your spark plug boot you would be able to play in the mud all the time and not have to worry about a 600 dollar bill. I would say you may have to tackle your own "custom" snorkel job on that machine. next time I'm at my dealer I will take some time and have a really good look at an HDX and I'll come up with some Ideas for ya. you may have to trim a little plastic but trust me it will look good if you take your time and it will be a lot more fun for playing in the dirty stuff. Give me a week or so and I'll get back to you.

Mitch

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
did not know about that vent will look at that and have not thought about grease'n the electrical thanks for the advice,will look forward to your thoughts on the route to to take

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Be carefull

On your last saying all i can say is be carefull thats what i said last july 2011 now iam the proud owner of a steel plate in my ankle. But at least its stainless. Ride safe.........

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Welcome and sorry your having Problems

1 - 18 of 18 Posts