Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

New from BC, Canada

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Joes5091 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, my husband and I are somewhat aging but still loving the outdoors and are hopefully purchasing a 2012 HDX Prowler this weekend, I put a chunk of money down on it yesterday. We already own a 1998 500 4by4 quad, my hubby's baby. The Prowler will be the new "grammamobile" , I am just a casual rider and want something I can haul my grandson and dogs around on. My big question is about the ball joints on these things, I am hoping that all the problems were on the older models. Any feedback on this would be appreciated.:)

#4 ·
LOL, we are still working with the dealer on a price, and my HDX is still in a Box. He was kind enough to let us bring the demo home and try it out, we are one minute away from pretty much unlimited back country. I realize it's a tractor and not as sporty as some of the ones I have seen on here, but it will work admirably for us. Pretty sure I will be able to cram the boat in the back, and the dump box will come in handy for us for firewood.

#5 ·
welcome to the house, where about are you located ? ... many friends up that way.

one bought a nice piece of ground in Horsefly and is building a nice shop now there.

#7 ·
Well, we took delivery of our Prowler a couple days ago, in the pouring rain. I went out for a ride anyway.............took our grandson and sons new girlfriend..............We got soaked but it was fun. Spent the next day going through the book and taking everyone else for short rides, this is an exotic toy for people who have had nothing but quads, lol. Hubby and brother reconfigured our old snowmobile/quad trailer so we can haul this beast, because it's FREAKING HUGE. Today looks like a grand day to be going for an actual ride! Other than we find it quite loud, so far I love it. I am also loving this forum because it's a wealth of shared information from experienced Prowler owners................

#8 ·
be sure to post up the mods you guys do to it .. and pic's are always welcome to show it off :)

#9 ·
Welcome to the forum.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.