Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, New here just picked up a 07 650 h1
Turns out its a peice of junk. Front diff has a hole in it.
trying to post a thread but its saying i need 15 posts

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Welcome to the site, sorry for your problem! They had issues with the pin in the front differential backing out when the welds break. Sounds like that is what you have, the case can be welded if the interior of it is not junk. Either way you need to tear it down and go from there.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
welcome to the house , just a lil time and $$ will get you up and running .. that's if your mechanically inclined [we hope as you showed up here :) ]

where in Sask do you reside ? one of my very good friends is in Regina .. tweet the heck out of him almost every morning.

be sure to fill in location and signature lines [what ya have] later on when you ask a question it might make for less back n forth to get basics. also will help us to tell ya where to look for parts and such.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup, Iv gotten her torn apart. The case is getting fixed tomorrow. Im gonna order new bearings and seals for it. Can i get a new pin for the middle? the one thats in there is broken off on both ends. it looks like little clips hold it centered in there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup im right close to regina. I filled in my sig and stuff hope it helps

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
That is the problem on these, complete assemblies are available, but individual parts are not. The pin supports the spider gears, and like I said it has had a history of bad/weak welds and slipping out. Newer units have the upgraded change. Front difs are costly, but you may find a good used one at powersportsnation.com. Looks like you like Toyota's!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Big toyota fan here haha.
Anyways can i weld that pin back together? Then once I have it in place just put a spot weld on the inside so it doesn't slip out?

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Either that or have one made, tool steel should be pretty stout, but not sure if you can duplicate the pin? Do you have the complete pin, or parts of it? There was a modification, where they wrapped the differential around the pin with mils steel 14-18ga metal and spot welded this after welding the pin in.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Welcome to the site, I have over 7,000 miles on my '07 650, so far no problems with the diff.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I had the diff housing fixed and magna fluxed. Looks pretty decent. I also had a pin made for the diff. I'm going to spot weld on it so it can't slide out. Will post pics when I have 15 posts!!!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Well I had the diff housing fixed and magna fluxed. Looks pretty decent. I also had a pin made for the diff. I'm going to spot weld on it so it can't slide out. Will post pics when I have 15 posts!!!
Sounds like you got it fixed,i would go head and install new seals.........:)

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Sounds good, we love pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got the diff back in the quad. Noticed some play in the upper ball joints. Also the shock bushings as toast

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well got a little excited. Flipped it in the driveway. Good thing I didn't have any plastics on it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was doing some fish tailing in the driveway and apparently these things have snap oversteer then his the grass and she tipped

1 - 19 of 19 Posts