Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum. Just picked up a 2012 700 HDX from a friend for a steal, Only has 87 hours on it. Looking to slap a lift and mud tires in the future. Ride lots of swamp and farm lands.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Welcome Dustin! Great place to get info! HDX's are a popular machine! I see it will not stay stock long!

·
Registered
125 Posts
welcome to the site. Another thing you may want to think about is a snorkel. Some guys have made up some really nice ones here.
cheers

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
welcome to the site. Another thing you may want to think about is a snorkel. Some guys have made up some really nice ones here.
cheers
Yes indeed, we like to modify stuff! Some times it even works! LOL

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
welcome to the house !!

read below your assignment for the new guy :)

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Dustin! Ya, mine stayed stock for 2 days. These guys LOVE to spend your $$$ for ya. I'm doing turn signals, Stop and Tail lights right now. Not legal on the streets in Iowa, unless you are plowing in the winter. But a buddy who is a cop, told me that if I at least put turn signals on it, I probably won't stopped if I was to run it to town for gas or something quick. They are a blast!

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Snorkels are an easy fabrication. PVC pipe, and fittings. Get em up out of the water, coat all connectors with dialectic grease and you are good to go! Silicone the connections where the clutch air in, and out connect to keep water/mud out of the clutch. It may be a trail and error project, but worth it in the long run!

·
Registered
293 Posts
I will definitely be fabricating a snorkel for it first and then a winch. We ride a lot of deep water and swamp down here.

Welcome to the site. Sorry I am a little late. I live in Southwest Florida and do the same type of riding. I built a snorkel kit for mine which works great and put a 4500 lb Superwinch on the front. Great machines. Be sure to keep an eye on the radiator when running through muddy water. They like to clog up and overheat.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Yes indeed, we like to modify stuff! Some times it even works! LOL
Hi, Dustin.

Welcome.

Warning: besides them liking to modify their stuff, they find a lot of novel and interesting items for you to spend your money on. You won't be able to resist.... >:)

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Makes perfect sense to me! Mike showed me the "Buy It Now" button!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Yep, new stuff is just this easy!

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
I agree with that! Winter time is even worse!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts