Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi from colorado. I Have a 09 XTX 700 prowler I bought new. Really like my cat. I'm going to change out the rear diff from the sodsaver to an 09 XT postitrack. Any one see any problems with this change over? Thanks for any feed back. This is a pretty good site, been reading it since I got my cat in 09.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Welcome! I love my 09 700!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Welcome aboard, What part of Co. you at? My brother lives in Co. Springs. Do a search on this forum I read a while back someone else was changing out his diff on a 700.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
xt has a ratio of 4:1 and the xtx is 3.6:1

You will need the front diff as well.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the welcomes. riddler28's comment about the gears ratio made me check it again. The XTX and XT are both 3.6. It made me think. Any way I'm going to change the rear diff out this friday. I'll post how I like this new diff compeared to the old one. Yes I have pics of my cat, I'll post some as soon as I see how to post on this site. I live in north colorado, about 4 hrs from colo. springs

·
Registered
95 Posts
The axles may have to be changed out. Can't recall what the changes are though. Think it's the inner joint spline size. Can anybody confirm that ?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Good point Catmaster. The axles are different as well. Yes it is the spline count on the inner joint.
It is 24 vs 27 count.

Let us know what you decide to do.

I have 3 rear axles for the 650xt but shipping would be alot from Alaska.
I went to the xtz diffs with the motor swap bunch of parts left over from the engine swap.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the input guys. I know that AC shows different #'s for these axles but if you look at after market axles the XT and XTX take the same part #'s. I'll find out today because I'm doing the swap later this afternoon. I'll post what happens next week.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well the axles from the xtx is wayy bigger than the xt axles so they don't fit. also the shaft input yoke has to be changed. They both have 3.6 gears. This was going to be a complete diff.housing change, but it will have to wait until I get all the other things for the change. Thanks for the input guys

·
Registered
282 Posts
looking at the difference between the two diffs on the blow diagrams looks like quite the project.. curious how it turns out for you. One thing I notice is that the xt diff vs the xtx diff is the price, wow around 600 bucks.

I would be interseted in your parts if you make the switch. I have an 08 xtx and the only difference between the diffs is they got rid of the cable up front but everything else is the same.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts