Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Intro time, own 2007 650 H1 prowler that I was fortunate enough to buy off my brother. It sat in his yard for two years and before that in some farmers field for a little over a year. No real maintenance done by either one of them.

So far I have replaced the rear axels, windshield, and the exhaust. The door hinges were broken off so I had my buddy weld on some new ones and then I had to re-skin the top part with new clear plastic.

I have a manual shift quad that my kids now ride that has seen a lot of dirt, mud, snow, and stuff that it should not have been anywhere near. Still runs great.

Now the 10 million dollar question, I don't know too much about the clutching system used on this machine. I have watched the airdam video (very good stuff), yet I still have some questions.

Is the primary nut a left hand thread? How do you separate the secondary without the bolt hole to push the clutch apart? How high should the belt ride in the secondary, and how do you know when to replace it?

Great site, lots off good information and ideas!

Glad to have joined

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Hey all. Intro time, own 2007 650 H1 prowler that I was fortunate enough to buy off my brother. It sat in his yard for two years and before that in some farmers field for a little over a year. No real maintenance done by either one of them.

So far I have replaced the rear axels, windshield, and the exhaust. The door hinges were broken off so I had my buddy weld on some new ones and then I had to re-skin the top part with new clear plastic.

I have a manual shift quad that my kids now ride that has seen a lot of dirt, mud, snow, and stuff that it should not have been anywhere near. Still runs great.

Now the 10 million dollar question, I don't know too much about the clutching system used on this machine. I have watched the airdam video (very good stuff), yet I still have some questions.

Is the primary nut a left hand thread? How do you separate the secondary without the bolt hole to push the clutch apart? How high should the belt ride in the secondary, and how do you know when to replace it?

Great site, lots off good information and ideas!

Glad to have joined
The only left handed thread is the nut that holds on the wet clutch. The primary nut will be standard thread. My 2006 did not have a "threaded" hole to separate the secondary, but it did have a hole. I just used a 6m tap (same threads as the CVT cover bolts) and threaded the hole myself. Very easy to do and works just fine for separating the clutches now. So check and see if yours does have a hole (even if it isn't threaded). If it does, just use an M6x1.0 tap and thread it yourself.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
nothing to add ... but welcome to the site

1 - 6 of 6 Posts