Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening all. Was in the market for a golf cart when a 2011 Prowler HDX700 popped up in the search results and I pulled the trigger. For my property this was the better choice. It’s a hit with the whole family.
I am experiencing the P0635 power steering issue which from searching I understand to be a low voltage condition as read by the module. It seems to start flashing about 30 seconds into a ride no matter what I do (like ensure that I wait to crank the engine > 8 seconds after turning the key on and not touching the steering before starting). To help rule out dropped voltage, I’ve changed the battery to a Renegade 30AH and disconnected everything from the battery that isn’t stock. Fuse is good. I know there’s a relay involved, too but am not sure how to check that. Everything else works like a dream.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Download a free service manual at Country Cat

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Forgot to mention, but WELCOME TO THE SITE! Great people, great knowledge, and friends to boot!

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Hope so!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found the issue. Neither the yellow nor red wires were making connection to the voltage regulator. Pulled the connection and reseated the wires into the harness. Power steering and charging systems are back!

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I ended up moving the voltage regulator on mine to a higher/cleaner location. Ease of servicing also entered in! Great Picture BTW!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Relocating it is a good idea for both service and for preventing branches from interfering with it. I suspect that’s what happened to cause this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts