1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Would love to see the dimensions. Their site doesn't list them.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I figure the dimensions would be similar to the Pioneer 700-4. It doesn't look overly big for being a 4/5 seater. Looks like it would still be able to fit in my toyhauler. And the 700-4 base price is around $11,700 if I'm not mistaken. So the 1000 will be more than that. Hopefully not much more, but I fear it will be. I'm guessing it will be at least $14k-$15k since it does have some refinements over the 700.

Not like it is going to matter for me anyways. My wife would have a cow if she even thought I was looking at a different machine...:D

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
And a price, but I'd like to take one for a ride.
The new honda no matter the price in a 1000 version,is gonna be a big seller,our local honda shops cant even keep a 500 or 700 sxs in stock........i really think this is gonna hurt the Teryx -4

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"IF" I was actually able to buy a new SxS the new Honda 1000-5 and Teryx-4 would be the top two on my list to try. In big part due to their smaller dimensions for being a 4/5 seater. Maybe I'll start having to be real nice to the wife over the next year....:D

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
"IF" I was actually able to buy a new SxS the new Honda 1000-5 and Teryx-4 would be the top two on my list to try. In big part due to their smaller dimensions for being a 4/5 seater. Maybe I'll start having to be real nice to the wife over the next year....:D
Shane I dont think you would be happy with the T-Rex at the dune's top speed is only around 50 mph,and not a lot of power in reverse if you are in deep mud for some reason.......but it would make a good all around machine,I think A/C Needs to make a Prowler-4 in a 1000,the prowler sales are dropping every year and there full sport models are on the rise..I really think if A/C made a prowler-4 in a 700 version it would not be powerful enough,my 650 only had 30 to 35 hp i think the 700 has 38 hp and the T-Rex 800 has 45 to 47........cant wait to see the numbers on the new Honda 1000............

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As much as I would love to have a true sport machine, I just don't think it would fit with the majority of my UTV driving/use. I primarily use my UTV for hunting in the mountains, and hopefully in the future taking my whole family on trail rides in the mountains. I don't ride the dunes anymore, and when I did, that was on my sport quad. I don't need a speed demon, but I also want something powerful enough to haul 4 people around and still have power on-demand when I want it. But I also don't want to drive a bus. My current toyhauler isn't the longest. So I'm limited to the Honda-4/5 or Teryx-4 for true 4 passenger vehicles....... The Polaris, Yamaha, Arctic Cat, and CanAm crews look nice, but they are just too long to fit....

·
Registered
414 Posts
I read an article that states the 1000-5 with all the nifty features will be priced around $18,500. Yeesh. But I guess that's on par with the other fancy shmancy brands.

·
Administrator
7,259 Posts
Damn, I can get a loaded KIA for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Administrator
7,259 Posts
We do spend a ton of money on our vices!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
not me, only what I can't afford LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts