Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I've had my Prowler 650 H1 since the fall of 2005 - right when they came out. I use it pretty hard on our hunting lease in the Texas Hill Country - it has several thousand "hard" miles on it. Performance wise it's stock, except for a Benz Silent Rider and some 27" tires.

I just posted a thread on an overheating issue I've having and hoping to solve, so if someone has some tips, please let me know:

http://www.prowlertalk.net/forums/arctic-cat-prowler-performance-discussions/161-over-heated-about-over-heating-2.html#post1274

Some other observations issues/questions:
1. These things are LOUD; the Benz Silent Rider did little to lower the exhaust db except to reduce the high-end of the frequency range a few db. I have thought about replacing the "pivot seal" held in place with the two springs behind the stock muffler with a straight pipe. Any suggestions? I want it as QUIET as possible since I drive it around our hunting lease.

2. I've broken the upper eye-bolt mount off of my right rear shock twice - both times I was under the max rated bed capacity on rough terrain. I now carry a spare shock assembly with the spring already mounted for any quick field repairs, but have also limited cargo weights to 300 lbs max. I would love to find a heavier duty shock that isn't mucho $$$. Any suggestions?

3. Has anyone seen any 6 wheel conversions? I have thought about extending the frame to add a third pair of wheels in the back, matching the components and geometry of the rear wheels/suspension - thus increasing my load capacity and perhaps improving the ride over rough terrain.

Thanks!

PS: What the heck does that override button do next to the shifter? I have never had to use it.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts